Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 26' Cobra>>>

HammerDown
    Venom has been catching my eye...only in the magazines as I've never seen one out here in the East Coast.
    So anyone own one or know of someone who dose?
    Would like to here any pros or cons about it as it appears like a 26' Cat in my price range...actually the price doesn't seem tooooo bad.
    Thanks for any info.

Havasu Hangin'
    I don't think they make it in a jet.

HammerDown
    I would'nt expect them to

Havasu Hangin'
    So...you're giving up the jet section? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...confused02.gif
    I'll alert the media. Better notify your next of jets...

roln 20s
    I don't know anyone who has one, but have seen a few in Havasu. They catch my eye too. They seem to be a great boat, sure they pay the magazine for advertising, but nothing even remotely bad has been said about that boat. Performance is definately there.
    Roln 20s

HavasuDreamin'
    If I recall correctly, there have been a few not so positive things said on the boards about their "customer service" or lack there of. Nonetheless, looks like a great boat.

HammerDown
    Thanks for the replys...would Cobra be a new Company/owners, new Mold, or was it taken over/splashed from some other Manufacture?
    Thanks again.

roln 20s
    Cobra has been around a few (2-3 I think) years, but if I am not mistaken, they used to be Ultra Boats of Montclair. They have since aquired the same Ultra molds and began their own company. The 270 Razor (Vee) and the 260 Venom (cat) to the best of my knowledge are original toolings, the first ones from Cobra. They seem to make a nice boat, at a good price, but I'm sure many others around here would have some good and not so good feelings toward Cobra. I personally think the Venom is a great offering from Cobra, and really begins to establish themselves as their own boat company.
    Roln 20s

HammerDown
    Thanks for the info roln20. The 260 Venom Cat appears to me one of the better priced Cats in that size with a good list of standard options.
    I would like to ask this question again during the summer months as maybe someone would be able to actually speak to a few owners for me.
    Force also makes a 26 Cat that kinda caught my eye...but not so much as the Cobra.
    I tend to be an educated consumer...well, as best I can.
    Thanks again.

roln 20s
    Anytime HammerDown-
    Force does make a real nice product. Dan at Force (VP Sales) is awesome. He's very knowledgable, and a blast to hang out with at the river. Truely great guy- rather you buy a Force or not. Plus, he has ties to EBOATLOANS.COM and specifically told me any ***boat.com users should contact him directly and he will give them better deals on a boat loan. This would make the process easy- get your loan and boat through the same person.
    Force is definately one to check out- their boats are truely loaded. Nothing needed.
    I'm sure by summer the Force and Cobra will get even more talk; until then, enjoy.
    Roln 20s

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast