Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vee bottom angle?

Impelled
    Can anyone help me understand how to measure the anlge of the Vee on the bottom of the hull? I have been looking at similar boats as mine and their specs call out anything from 16 degree to 21. I have an angle finder, but not sure where to measure it at. I did it around the center of the hull and came up with 25 degrees. Is this what you call deadrise? Some makers were also calling it V-bottom angle.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    David

Havasu_Dreamin
    Deadrise is the angle of the V at the transom, not in the center of the boat.

Impelled
    Thanks for the reply.
    Is that the critical area to measure?
    I'm just trying to determine how well this boat is going to cut through the rough compared to other similar hulls that seem to call out various degrees of Vee.
    Thanks
    David

Impelled
    Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
    To give you a better idea, it is an Ultimate Warlock 206 XTi River Style. They're not in business anymore, but the hull seems to be very similar to Shockwave's LS, Commander's Conquest, Advantage and Ultra also make one. The top deck on them are almost exactly the same, but they all call out a different V-bottom angle. Just trying to determine which one is mostly like the Ultimate. Not expecting it to be a big lake boat by any means, but would like to see how it compares to these other makers.
    I saw a post from someone here in the past (I think named Ultimate1) that may have the same boat.
    Thanks again
    David

there still in bussiness in rancho cucamunga actualy they have a 21ft boat in the new ***boat mag.

another little peice of advice step up if you like ultiamte and get a extra foot.there 21 rides really nice.i have been in your boat and the warlock 21 and there is no comparison.also rode in a 21 shockwave and in my opinion was not near the ride as the warlock 21.

beached 1
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    there still in bussiness in rancho cucamunga actualy they have a 21ft boat in the new ***boat mag.
    In the last mo issue?
    If so Dave, I'll bring my copy by the shop..

yep it was in there 21ft ultimate warlock. 42,500 i believe was the price.

Impelled
    Thanks guys,
    I did a search and found Warlock in Rancho and emailed them, but I'm under the impression they dropped Ultimate. Thanks Gerrit, I'd like to check out the issue with the 21' in it. Maybe they'll reply soon.
    Still like to know how to determine the hull v angle if you guys can help.
    Thanks a lot!
    David

missboatnam1
    they might only be called warlock or ultimate or both but carter reed is there and has been for a long time including 1993 when i bought my ultra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast