Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Time Still Sucks

78Eliminator
    I am sitting here in total amazement with my luck. The guy who was supposed to buy my boat, decided not to. This is the third deadbeat I have come into contact with. I am so pissed. I took a $500 deposit and held it two weeks. He said the boat plus buying a motor was too much money. Well, I gave him his deposit back. I never got a receipt stating it as "non refundable", so in court I would have to refund it most likely. He was nice enough to tell that if I didn't refund his deposit, he would put a lien on my house. He said he has a contractors license, so he can. Then his son and him walk around my house, writing down all the license plate numbers of all my cars, and neigbors cars....
    What a major ass clown. I am so pissed. Then I am walking back into my house anfter I hand him a check for his deposit refund and his son hops out and runs up to me and says "Look, my dad is just trying to help me out. Would you take a little less for it?" I politely said to him that I am so ****ing pissed, it is best him and his father leave and that I would not sell the boat to people like him and his father if he paid me three times what I am asking.

ratso
    Shoulda kicked him in the junk.

78Eliminator
    Yeah, that would be funny, but his younger son looked a little embarassed, like he pulls this shit all the time. Either that or it was some good cop, bad cop bullshit. I wasn't born yesterday, but he must have thought so.
    He said to me "You are stupid to not give me my deposit back right now!" and I said "So now you're calling me names?" Some people have no class, and what's funny is he lives in a neighborhood 10x better than mine......

Bow Tie Omega
    You should have told the **** to get off of your property before you had him arrested for harrasment and trespassing

mike37
    lien your house he cant do that he would have had to do work on your hom to lien it or get a cort order and that would invove suing you

MRS FLYIN VEE
    mike 37 is right.. he would have had to work on your house before the lein.. it might have been better off you did give him his money though.. only because people like that you never know what they will do to your property that you have worked for.. props for holding your own but also being the stand up guy for giving the puss his money back.. i know your pissed but you did the right thing.. sorry alittle to much to drink just speaking from that side of me.. sorry for the long post.. your a stand up man.. and i like that..

Brodie
    its "lien" you terds,,,,,

MRS FLYIN VEE
    well DANG THANKS BRODIE..

Fiat48
    Actually you got lucky. The guy an asshole no doubt. But further problems would have developed had he bought the boat. Like to hear a better one? How about the guy I built a blown small block chevy for and it broke the axles in the rear end of his car. He already had an attorney.
    As is, where is, no warranty expressed or implied, no deposits, cash only.

LASERRAY
    I get pissed when I hear about people such as this jerkoff. It reminds me of when I used to do HVAC work for Contractors, crooked Realtors, con artists, and rich pricks that got rich by screwing hard working tradesmen like myself etc. It's like, how can these people act like this and still function in society. Not to mention teaching his child his deceitful practices!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast