Thread: LA Auto Show 1/9

JustMVG
    Anyone going to the show this afternoon or this evening?
    My daughter and i are heading out and should be there by 5pm.
    I'll have a Red Ultra Boats hat on, looking forward to seeing some of y'all there.
    Mike VG

Kilrtoy
    Sorry going tomorrow morning at 930

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    Sorry going tomorrow morning at 930
    Have fun, I have a few friends that will be there when they open

Sun burners
    I didn't see you, I was the one holding the bag full of stuff while my kids sat in the small cars saying "I can drive it"

JustMVG
    What !!! you mean you didn't see my 14yr old daughter doing the same thing, but comparing them to her go Kart!!??? She was making those 2 stroke noises, drove everyone crazy, i just walked away!!! , i am amazed although i shouldn't be when some guy is standing in the front row of the GT-40 demo asking if thats the Viper!!, or trying to get in the seat of any of the Mercedes and having to listen to a punk kid blast the hell out of the radio to power 106, don't they get enough of that crap on the way TO THE SHOW!!!!! I have got to be getting OLD, is 43 almost 44 (the 26th) old?
    Little disappointed at the stuff or lack there of down in Kentia Hall, neat stuff but not as much as some years past.
    I still want the Saleen S7, although the 281 looked sweet, maybe next year, hey a guy can have his dreams.
    My daughter wants the Porsche Carrera, the 400k Carrera!!
    Yeah she can dream too!!
    Boat Show here we come!!!!

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by MandMVG
    My daughter wants the Porsche Carrera, the 400k Carrera!!
    Yeah she can dream too!!
    Somebody's been teaching her to have very good taste. The Porsche Carrera GT is a real performer - it'll run with anything on the road. Of course for $440,000 or so it should!
    http://www.yesky.com/20020830/fangcarrera-gt.jpg

JustMVG
    Yeah she loves that car, everytime theres a story on it she drools, i like it too, but i know what reality is, she has a future where she can strive to get what she wants, me i have to depend on 6 winning numbers to get mine
    Mike VG

Kilrtoy
    I was very disappointed....
    I didnt see to much stuff that I dont see on the show room floors.
    Porsche had a nice set up Mrs wants the S4. Ferrari was weak, as was most of the high end sports cars..
    I liked the Busy bee or what ever the hell that dodge truck was ........
    Dazza from lowrider fame was there signing autographs,
    DAMN SHE IS OLD AND TIRED.
    The wife wanted me to ask her if that was her. But I told her those pics were very old.....
    Loved the GTO cant wait to see next years version......

JustMVG
    Yeah i saw Dazza, and couldn't understand why there was a line, to each his own, and i agree w kilr, i'd rather go to the showrooms and deal w the sales folks than stand like an idiot to sit in a car/truck for 2 secs while some gumby kid is next to me messing with every knob or button in the damn thing.
    Porsche has always had a nice display, i noticed that ford had put the Excursion behind a wall, in a yeah we make it but go check out the new stuff, and don't give us any crap about the big beast back there.
    I guess the shows just don't thrill anymore maybe it's age or reality that you won't be able to get that really neat car/truck as easy as you used to.
    Oh well at least the Boat show is in a few weeks, hope there's more New stuff than last year.
    See ya Mike VG

Sun burners
    Funny I saw the MBZ station wagon I sat in the back seat and some kid in the front seat WAS blasting Power 106.
    I also agree with DAZZZA'S looks, but if it pays her bills go for it!
    See you guys at the boat show I will be the guy in the boat while my kid holds my bag!