Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Show Deposit Question!

WetWillie
    Hey guys what kinda $ are manufactures asking as a deposit at the show? I was thinking $10k to get a place in line? Am I crazy in my thinking?
    Anyone know the wait list or time for a DCB 26 with canopies?
    WW

WetWillie
    And I wouldnt think a boat show is a good place to negotiate a deal? Or is there any negotiating on a DCB?? Any thoughts or suggestions??
    WW
    Also I plan to pay this boat off before its completed so I dont want to finance it? Will they do this?

UnionJack
    I just got a 2004 f-26 that will be at the show.... Just remember when buying the DCB you are paying for quality... and the Name. I just look at my boat and say WOW... I still cant believe that I have one. Just make sure you talk to the guys like Chad, Paul, Carlos, Kevin adrian etc... remember dave could sell ice to eskomos

WetWillie
    Doesnt Dave set the final price? Or does Carlos negotiate his portion of the deal?
    Does he have any sales personal working for him?
    WW

UnionJack
    Dave is the only sales man, the other guys just know it all, carlos has some say... he the manager of the shop... and chad is incharge of all the rigging, and cash is the only way to go but don't give all at once wait till the boat is done... trust me

WetWillie
    Please!

Starloans
    I picked up my boat the Wednesday before Labor Day. I made the deal with Dave. I don't recall anyone else having much say in the price. Carlos did the art work on my boat and interior colors, etc. Everyone in the shop was always very helpful especially the riggers. I know everyone who likes something especially their boat, will say good things about them. I really had a great experience.
    I live in San Diego so I really didn't do a lot of shopping. I did do a lot of reading.
    But I believe it is important to also build a relationship with whom ever you buy from no matter what the product is. Boat, house, etc. where there will be continuing interaction during the process. I'm not a big ass kisser and everybody has heard of DCB but I think with any product or business if you form a relationship it will be a lot better experience. As an example during the last week of rigging I dropped off a case of silver bullets on Friday.
    I've seen a few posts on here from people who say they couldn't afford a DCB. But they buy other boats. Personally I don't think they are night and day more expensive than say Eliminator, howard, cole etc. Typically a DCB will have a STUPID ASS engine in it. I think thats where a lot of the extra cost comes from. I got the stock HP525. Perfect choice for me.
    Willie, it looks like you live here in town. I would go to the shop and tell him what you want and see what he asks for it. Dave is a salesman. He is not high pressure and his prices are not in stone. You may be suprised.
    My boat will also be at the LA boat show. Carlos told me today they are not doing the San Diego show. PM me with your # and I will call you if you want more details.
    PS.. think resale value. Some of the other mfg you will get slaughtered on!!!

UnionJack
    I agree with what you are saying

Starloans
    NEVER pay for ANYTHING completely until the product is delivered.
    The dealer is close to your house.
    Dave never ask me to sign a single piece of paper until my boat was half finished. I gave him a 10K deposit to start.
    It was easy.

WetWillie
    Star that is what I was looking for! Looking forward to seeing your boat at the show.
    WW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast