Thread: Predator Carbs

Wet Dream
    What is your opinion on these carbs? Anyone running these in a marine application?

HOSS
    I had a friend with them and I thought they were cool. It seemed to work well. You have to get the idle circuit with it though. He sold the car so I really don`t know about longevity. I think the biggest problem with why they do not have a large acceptance is the inability to modify it. Think about it. Hotrodders are about modifying. Joe public isn`t. Joe public replaces exactly what was there to begin with and rodders don`t like to stagnate rather keep going. The Predator falls in between. Not stock yet not much to modify.

Infomaniac
    I have used them. Great carbs. Need the idle circuit like Hoss mentioned.
    The extended fuel bowl also if on a blower.

shirkey4750
    Ran them on a tunnel ram, on a BBC in a jet, and never could get them right. Sold tnem and bought two 600 Holleys and the motor came to life.

Infomaniac
    The predator works from the vacuum signal given to it from the engine. And varies the operating size accordingly.
    Tunnel rams give a very poor signal to the carbs. Two of them on the tunnel ram probably made it worse.
    Would have been better for you with a different intake.

Danhercules
    I had one on my Mazda rotary. It was a 79 RX-7. I liked it. After I ported the motor, I could still use the same carb. They flow somthin like 400 to 900 CFM if I remeber right. That sure was a long time ago.