Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batteries

RJ Nordic
    Looking for a "good deal" on a couple of Optima batteries. Any suggestions? Already checked out Eddie Marine on line $188
    Shouldn't be too much for shipping batteries.
    And what's the difference between the blue top marine cranking battery and the blue top marine deep cycle battery.

mbrown2
    Go look at Costco...I thought I saw Blue Tops there for around 140-150...

HCS
    www.optimabatteries.com
    Shop, search.....find. Napa auto parts has good connections.

MagicMtnDan
    Costco (no shipping)

We sell the Blue Deep cycle marine for 179.95
    The yellow deep cycle (not marine) for 170.95
    The blue cranking for 142.95
    The yellow cranking for 130.95
    Deep cycle bats are designed to be as the name suggests "deeply discharged repeatedly". Great in applications with lots of accessories running without alternator.
    Cranking batteries are for just that, cranking power, starting hi compression engines etc. Big amp hour capability for cranking hard. Not designed to be "deeply" discharged and recharged repeatedly.
    Call before coming. We can get in a day. Currently have deep cycles on the shelf and are out of crankers.

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by Rexone
    We sell the Blue Deep cycle marine for 179.95
    The yellow deep cycle (not marine) for 170.95
    The blue cranking for 142.95
    The yellow cranking for 130.95
    Deep cycle bats are designed to be as the name suggests "deeply discharged repeatedly". Great in applications with lots of accessories running without alternator.
    Cranking batteries are for just that, cranking power, starting hi compression engines etc. Big amp hour capability for cranking hard. Not designed to be "deeply" discharged and recharged repeatedly.
    Call before coming. We can get in a day. Currently have deep cycles on the shelf and are out of crankers.
    Hey Mike, that's some good info. I feel bad for suggesting Costco now that I read your post - I believe folks should try and patronize local vendors especially ones like your company because you're on the boards - we should buy from our friends first.
    OK so I'm curious - what's the best setup for a boat - what combination of batteries (which ones and how many of each) for the typical boat (around here) with a decent stereo? Are they isolated from each other (I assume they are but I'm not a multiple battery expert)? Just wondering...

SDLifesaver
    American Battery in Havasu has them both for 152.99 ea. Best deal yet.

1stepcloser
    Originally posted by RJ Nordic
    What's the difference between the blue top marine cranking battery and the blue top marine deep cycle battery.
    The blue top batteries have "marine type" connectors, meaning they have the post and wingnut on top, no side posts.
    The yellow top (and red, for that matter) are the typical dual post type.
    I thought the yellow top was the deep cycle, and the red top was the "cranking" type.....The blue is the same as the yellow just with the studs on top for marine applications...?

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by 1stepcloser
    I thought the yellow top was the deep cycle, and the red top was the "cranking" type.....The blue is the same as the yellow just with the studs on top for marine applications...?
    Optima makes a marine (Blue Top) cranking and a Marine (Blue Top) Deep Cycle.
    1SC is right...the posts are the only difference between the Red and Yellow Tops.
    Those posts must be expensive. Try Costco or online (unless Mike is going to give you the "good ole boy" price)

1stepcloser
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    The posts are the only difference between the Yellow and Blue Tops.
    :wink:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast