Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any newer Ultras w/big power?

HighRoller
    I was just wondering how many people on here had a newer(2000-2003)Ultra jetboat with a lot of horsepower? I think Froggystyle's is the only one over 20 feet that I've seen run more than 70mph with a jet. I'm interested to see what motor and pump work is needed on average to make a full size bowrider run like this. So bring em on! Pictures would help as well!

rivercrazy
    Its gonna take a LOT of power to make a full sized 21 cab forward hull to run 70 +

Hustler
    I think Froggy's boat was running about 650hp and he claimed to be in the low 70's

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Hustler
    I think Froggy's boat was running about 650hp and he claimed to be in the low 70's
    I think he said he was near 80...

rivercrazy
    I also heard low 70's. 72 if I recall correctly

RandyH
    Well I will tell you what I experienced. I bought a 2002 21 stealth from John. I just wanted a carb motor. Wife said nothing sticking out of the hatch. This motor is a 540 with a Crower rotating mass, Crower Cam and Rockers, solid lifter, Aluminum Heads, Full roller motor. Still playing with a New Carb from Bigs. Went all out on the Headers and tail pipe work. It dynoed better with a 830 DP from a Nascar shop and the 950 Stage 5 needs some modifications. The heads had some mild porting from what I saw. I run 91 and 92 octane. Best I have seen was last summer and it ran right at 73 on the GPS. 5300 RPM and the Advance set at 35.
    The pump work was all done by Jack at MPD. Bowl, Stainless Impeller, Ride plate and shoe. I think the Droop helps give it some lift. Would like to try a Snoot from HTP. Not sure what model of loader I have. It also has Dons impeller loader and cavitaties very little. I am adding a rev limiter this winter as we have been airborne several times.
    The Motor dynoed at about 530 corrected and 557 with the smaller carb. I was hoping for 600 just because I knew it was a heavy boat. Probably be lucky to ever get 75 but I am damn happy with what I got. We loaded it out with everything I could think of. Kind of wish I had those power hatches from Dana. John was great to deal with.
    Only thing I would do different is have DNE build the motor, Hydraulic LIfters and Iron heads. Something like HBjets only single carb. I think John said that he is working with DNE on a package deal now.
    http://www.ats-inc.net/ultrajet/ultr...aagain/540.JPG
    http://www.ats-inc.net/ultrajet/ultr...in/transom.JPG
    http://www.ats-inc.net/ultrajet/ultr...again/mike.JPG
    The guy in the boat is Mike Harlan. He rigged it. This was the maiden voyage at El Cap.
    Good Luck.
    RandyH

beached 1
    wow, what a beautiful ride RandyH.
    Ultratweaker (I thnk he only posts on OP6 and SoCal HB) has a 00 21 (LX? can't remember) with a MPD'd Berk JG 600+ HP 502. I think he said he GPS'd near 70.

HighRoller
    Randy that is a beautiful ride indeed! It's the one in the magazine ad from the summer right? Have you had any problems with the engine? I know Froggy had some with his Crower stuff. Could you PM me with some specs on the engine like cam etc? Also, he said even with the DPS pre-loader he cavitated out of the hole when he gave it more than half throttle.

Greaser
    I know its been said before, but "DAMN THATS A BEUTIFULL RIDE"

Very nice Randy. You should be very proud. That's a big boat (I'd love to have all that room) and 73 mph with 530 hp is impressive. Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong.
    Congratulations on a really nice ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast