Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redheaded Stepchild

LASERRAY
    I just received an e-mail from Amy at ESSEX explaining that LASER owners aren't invited to the ESSEX reggatta because of Business reasons. Can someone explain this to me? I guess I need to make some quick buddies on this MO FO ifin' I want to go. Any ESSEX owners want to take me as their guest? Here's the e-mail:
    Hi Raymond,
    Thanks for your interest in attending the Essex Regatta 2004. Unfortunately, Laser Boats must remain an individual custom boat company, therefore there will not be an Essex/Laser Regatta.
    If however you know someone who owns an Essex Boat, we do not set limits as to the number of guestsdot.net@adelphia.net
    each Essex owner brings to the Essex Regatta. So you would be able to attend if you are a guest of an Essex Boat owner.
    As the number of Laser boats continues to climb at such a speedy rate, they are certain to have their own Regatta in the near future. And you will of course be invited to that.
    Sincerely,
    Amy Poirier
    Essex Performance Boats

Havasu Hangin'
    I'd go anyway...who cares if they actually want you there...

mirvin
    **** that Laserray!! I say you show up to the regatta and make them remove you!! In fact, where is that fuggin thing? I think I'm gonna show up in my Crusader all beligerant!! I mean really, what are they gonna do, keep you off the water?
    Assholes:frown: :yuk:

THATJEFFGUY
    Maybe Amy read the other posts on here and found out that nobody likes her anyway, so she decided to exercise her power a little. I'd go anyway, screw 'em !

Havasu Hangin'

mbrown2
    As much as Amy has been called out on other threads, and as much as I would hate seeing that email.....They had to make a business decision and she had to send the email...They have two boating lines, with two different focuses...they differentiate in their advertising, and they need to differentiate them in their regatta's....
    I would start getting other Laser owners together and speak to the manufacture as a group and press for your own regatta..
    Yeah, you can show...hell, I could show up...I doubt they are going to kick anyone out..

mirvin
    Check out Mbrown2! THe single dissenting voice of reason on such a hot button issue

Havasu_Dreamin
    MB2 is right, they are two separate lines. While we are at it, please point in the message sent that says you can't go to Havasu that weekend and use the lake? I only bring this up as others have said things to the effect of they don't control the whole lake and things like that. However, what they do control is who takes part in the activities they have planned for their regatta like the dinner, poker run ,etc.
    Honestly, people are making a mountain out of a molehill with this.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
    MB2 is right, they are two separate lines. While we are at it, please point in the message sent that says you can't go to Havasu that weekend and use the lake? I only bring this up as others have said things to the effect of they don't control the whole lake and things like that. However, what they do control is who takes part in the activities they have planned for their regatta like the dinner, poker run ,etc.
    Honestly, people are making a mountain out of a molehill with this. I'm not trying to make a Mountain out of a molehill with this , I simply asked if anyone could explain the policy to me. When I'm told one thing by LASER ( you can participate in the ESSEX Regattas) and it doesn't prove true, then I start to wonder about the credibility of the individual, and/or the company to which I spoke. Not going to the Regatta as an invited guest is not going to make me bitter towards ESSEX, or LASER, it simply lessens the validity of future statements, implied or otherwise by said companies

Kilrtoy
    I'd go and park right in the middle of their shit.
    two different companies, but sold as the lower verison. Just read HB......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast