Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impeller choice?

Danhercules
    Here what I got,
    460 DOVE heads, tunnel ram with 2 750's headers, cam is a 234/244 dur. and 574/576 life. The heads are gonna be ported a bit. Intake opened up to 219. I am swapping out the timming gears to the pre '72 ones. I am rebuilding the pump as well. Question is what do I run with? "A", "AB", "B"?
    I want to hit 70MPH and dont wanna rev over 5500. My guess I the motor will me making a touch over 500hp. What ya think?
    One more thing, This is for a JETBOAT!

beached 1
    B

HammerDown
    You wanna hit 70 mph in what type of Hull...something light like a Texas Tunnel or a 26' Sleekcraft.
    Weights a pretty big factor with Boats.

Danhercules
    Originally posted by HammerDown
    You wanna hit 70 mph in what type of Hull...something light like a Texas Tunnel or a 26' Sleekcraft.
    Weights a pretty big factor with Boats.
    Well, if you look at my avitar, or my signature you will see!!
    Maybe I should not be an @$$ if I am lookin for help.
    Just messin.........It's a 18' Southwind. No tunnel.

Jetmugg
    B

Dan,
    You know we're pretty close. Kachina splashed the Southwind 18.5 and if you're gonna be running 500 hp, that's the same hp level I'm at now.
    Before I had the pump setback, snoot, rideplate etc. I was running a little over 70 mph with the 500 hp (no N20) with an Aggressor AB impeller. Rpm was about 5200-5300. I would think yours would end up right about there.
    If you're gonna use a Berkeley impeller I think that'd be an A.
    I thought you had a set of iron CJ heads on that motor?

Danhercules
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Before I had the pump setback, snoot, rideplate etc. I was running a little over 70 mph with the 500 hp (no N20) with an Aggressor AB impeller. Rpm was about 5200-5300. I would think yours would end up right about there.
    If you're gonna use a Berkeley impeller I think that'd be an A.
    I thought you had a set of iron CJ heads on that motor?
    I am getting confused. An "AB" agressor is the same as an "A" berk? Is there some sort of chart that shows the diffrence in the makes and sizes? Whats the diffrence in the brands of impeller?
    Squirtcha, I do have SCJ head on there now. I am changing them. The SCJ heads arent really doing any good at my RPM. As I am learing, they are great heads for 6500 RPM. I am not even close to that. I am going for some ported D0VE heads to make the power where I need it.

HammerDown
    Originally posted by Danhercules
    Well, if you look at my avitar, or my signature you will see!!
    Maybe I should not be an @$$ if I am lookin for help.
    Just messin.........It's a 18' Southwind. No tunnel.
    Whooow, hold on there Cowboy. My Avitar and Signatures are turned off on my side.
    So no, not trying to look like or make anyone out to be an A$$...just asking a question to offer up some help.

I am getting confused. An "AB" agressor is the same as an "A" berk? Is there some sort of chart that shows the diffrence in the makes and sizes? Whats the diffrence in the brands of impeller?
    Yes, there is a difference between Aggressor and Berk. It depends on who you talk to, as to exactly how much difference. I always heard it was a full size.
    A aggressor is like a AA Berk or something along those lines.
    There's a post on here somewhere on which the difference in sizes between these two makers is discussed.

HBjet
    I would run a B with that combo.
    My old motor made less then 500hp, and it only spun 5150-5200 rpm. The best speed was 80mph with the best conditions. With my Legend B there was no problem getting out of the hole, or cruising. The larger the impeller, the better the wholeshot, but you will loose top end MPH due to the lack of power to turn the higher RPM's.
    HBjet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast