Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here from Minnesota

Mn Howard Cat
    Hay mud duck how's that new motor of yours coming a long????
    Lake Pepin is not all that bad you should try Lake of the Ozarks

mud duck
    Have not started yet. Mark moved his shop this winter and he still has all of my bolt-ons, so he will probably build it but has not had time yet. I spoke to a few builders in San Diego and they thought I should go with a 540 instead of a 502. My blower is only a B&M 250 so that might not handle a 540's needs. I have gotten different opinions on this topic. 502 or 540, both should bolt up to everything else just fine. What a dilemma.

Mn Howard Cat
    So what is your E.T.A.??? do you think you'LL have id done for this spring?? I'm still going round and round with the insurance companies

mud duck
    Oh I think this spring is still a good posibility, depending on parts devilery. Your insurance companies are not cooperating, what a suprise. Wasn't it a hit and run? That is exactly why we buy insurance, right?

Mn Howard Cat
    Ya your right but if they don't do something soon I wont have a boat for the summer

mud duck
    I will lend you a paddle and we can go screaming down the St. Croix river together without a motor.

Mn Howard Cat
    Well I do have a fall back plan I also have a Sugar Sand Tango 4+2 but it's jest not as fun. You can only beat your self up for so long and the top speed of 45 jest dont cut it if you know what I mean.

jockorace

jockorace
    Cool !! I finally got rid of the Avatar that was NOT my photo.
    Anyone still thinking about a Minnesota Hot boat gathering this next summer? It would be cool with all types of drives (outboard, I/O, jet, v-drive, rubber band, etc.) How about some location suggestions. I go to the Brainerd area (Crosslake), however any relatively centrally located lake would work, preferably with a lakeside park . A good example would be Forest Lake. (a few fast eggbeaters there, I hear!)
    I would travel actually anywhere in the state if this event was big enough.
    Any other input?? Dave

mud duck
    What about Mille Laces? That is as centrally located as possible. It would have to be somewhere the cops are nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast