Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC buildup?

460rogers
    Does anyone have a good recipe for a normally asperated BBC for a light hull jet?

BGMAN203
    I got one that pushed a jet to high 70's and is virtually stock. Pm me if your interested. I got lots of bbc combos that will work well

460rogers
    I was wanting to get a few ideas on which block,heads,cam,intake,etc. to build a normally asperated BBC.

GofastRacer
    Dude, that depends on what you want to do and how much $$$$$$$$$$ you want to spend!..

HBjet
    Originally posted by GofastRacer
    Dude, that depends on what you want to do and how much $$$$$$$$$$ you want to spend!..
    Boy that is the truth... Actually, figure out the most you would want to spend, then divide that by half. Because when your done, your gonna end up spending double!
    HBjet

Fiat48
    Originally posted by HBjet
    Boy that is the truth... Actually, figure out the most you would want to spend, then divide that by half. Because when your done, your gonna end up spending double!
    HBjet
    Yeah, there's a math deal for that. I think it money x square root or something like that.

BGMAN203
    Originally posted by 460rogers
    I was wanting to get a few ideas on which block,heads,cam,intake,etc. to build a normally asperated BBC.
    Well, tell us what you have to work with, then we can tell you what will work and what to throw in the trash.

Dennis Moore
    A two bolt 454 block with cast crank and 3/8 bolt rods will work fine. Hyperutectic flat top pistons and large oval port heads with a closed or semi closed combustion chamber. The Edelbrock Torker camshaft and a dual plane Edelbrock Oval Port intake manifold will work great. Edelbrock 750 Squarebore marine carb, Gil exhaust manifolds, stock Merc Thunderbolt IV Ignition with 34 degrees max ign. advance, extended tip spark plugs gapped at .045 inches.
    It will make an easy 425+ horsepower at 5,000 rpm.
    Dennis Moore

cyclone
    Originally posted by Dennis Moore
    A two bolt 454 block with cast crank and 3/8 bolt rods will work fine. Hyperutectic flat top pistons and large oval port heads with a closed or semi closed combustion chamber. The Edelbrock Torker camshaft and a dual plane Edelbrock Oval Port intake manifold will work great. Edelbrock 750 Squarebore marine carb, Gil exhaust manifolds, stock Merc Thunderbolt IV Ignition with 34 degrees max ign. advance, extended tip spark plugs gapped at .045 inches.
    It will make an easy 425+ horsepower at 5,000 rpm.
    Dennis Moore
    yeah that motor will push your boat to about 65mph. not exactly settin' the world on fire with that combo are ya?

460rogers
    Money is always a limiting factor but I was hopeing for some good advice for affordable power not HOW MUCH YA GOT stuff.
    There are some good parts out there that don't have a rich so and so's name printed on it that will make good power in the right combonation with whats his names stuff.I just thought there were some good combos working out there that might work for me.Not looking for SPAM just your opinion thats all.
    Thanks Dennis you'r on the right track just want more.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast