Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: outdrive discolorisation

Chaddyshack
    If this is such an issue with temperatures on the drive... why doesn't anybody ever put a gauge on it and mount it on the console so anybody can monitor it???
    It seems to me that if this was such a "critical" item, that the manufacturers would mount the gauge right next to the oil pressure and water temperature.
    I see both sides, but what kind of temperature differences are we talking about???
    my .02

twistedpair
    Chaddyshack:
    I see both sides, but what kind of temperature differences are we talking about???
    my .02 I seem to recall a ***boat article on this from several years ago. I think they saw in the neighborhood of a 20 Deg. drop with the shower. The article also said cooler temps would help longevity of the drive.

78Eliminator
    Infomaniac:
    It was radared at 134 there. Was running well that day. Good God!!!!! Are you serious? I think I'm gonna sell my Daytona and switch to the V-Drive world....

gnarley
    I was told by an OMC shop in the Midwest (forgot the name) but they worked with OMC when they developed the King Cobra drives and they told me to drain the oil and run 75w/90 synthetic gear lube in it & the temp would drop by 75 degrees! Why not? If synthetic is good in engines & used in auto racing gearboxes & diffs, why not in outdrives?

powerplay230
    First and I'm not going to get into this part but solve the problem of needing drive shower. But I do know for a fact snobol toilet cleaner will clean gel coat or anything else of stains and won't harm gelcoat, will harm your skin!!!! $1.19 cheaper and quicker than anything else, just pour it on and rinse off that's it. devil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234