Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting "C" bowl to a split bowl??

skipr
    Can anyone show me some pictures of this process or explain how it is done? I am a machinist and have a good friend who is a fabricator and has the ability to weld aluminum. Thanks for any help.
    Steve

Taylorman
    Get out the popcorn. This is going to be a long one.

Jetmugg
    Commence to cuttin', weldin', grindin', drillin', tappin', and cussin'.

skipr
    Popcorns in the nuker, so have at it. A little more discription would be great. :wink:
    Steve

1tricky1
    Here's a pic of a conversion. I think this is HBjet's bowl. It appears it just a matter of cutting off the end right at the end of the vanes and drilling and tapping holes for a nozzle adaptor or a droop/snoot.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...owl001-med.jpg

Jetmugg
    "It appears it just a matter of cutting off the end right at the end of the vanes and drilling and tapping holes for a nozzle adaptor or a droop/snoot. "
    There's more to it than described above. The "ring" that is drilled and tapped has been welded to a cut-off JC bowl, and the vanes have been welded/extended on the inside of this ring. You definitely need to get the alignment just right.
    I say - if your machining and fabbing skills are good enough, give it a go. You don't have much to lose if it doesn't turn out right. Just buck-up and buy a JG bowl if your conversion doesn't turn out.
    STeve.

Jet Hydro
    Before you waste a lot of time, you might want to give Duane a Call at HTP. He`s always got a few good deals laying around. www.Hi-TechPerformance.com is his web site. look around you might find what your looking for at a price you cant pass up for all the work your going to do on the old bowl.
    It`s just a thought!
    Here`s the link to his used parts::: http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Usedparts.HTM

Jake W
    Wheres CHET???????
    I say go for it.There is a alum ring around the end of the bowl but I do not think you would have to extend the veins. HBjets have just been sharpned this bowl was done by MPD.I think Jack charges 325? for this conversion.
    Jake

skipr
    Since the other board that I posted this question on won't even reply to my question, I was hoping some of you guys could give me some specific dimensions?
    1: Overall bowl legnth when complete.
    2: ID and OD of the "ring" needed.
    3: Thickness of said ring.
    4: Bolt hole dia. and thread specs.
    5: Legnth to turn bowl down to when
    removing ears.
    6: Any other info necessary to be sucessful.
    Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help.
    Steve

skipr
    Anyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast