Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping her hair on.

Snowboat
    It has dawned on me that the blower belt will need to be guarded, on this flywheel aft engine, that I'm piecing together. I've tried the blower shops, but all they have are the little ones. I need something that cover the whole belt. There was one posted on the Forums that had red plexiglass on the front. There were some guys at Red Rock that had 'em. Anybody got one for a BBC, or a pattern, or any ideas to keep stuff from getting wrapped in the belt. Thanks.

Moneypitt
    Ken, you will probably have to get creative to obtain the guard you're seeing in your head. Think about a semi truck fancy chrome exhaust cover, like a side pipe guard on a vette, then figure how you can customize the shape and form around the area that needs to be covered, and custom make the necessary mounts/braces etc. I'm sure you'll figure something out, hey, how about a belt guard from a large air compresser? (same basic shape, just ugly!!)..........Ray

Fiat48
    I have seen a few full covers but that has been a while ago. You might try Mike Kuhl and see if they have one or know of one. Seems some of the original "River Rat" deals he did had them. Other than that you might try Brendon Murry (ad on dragboats.com). He has some but not sure of style as Goodguys Nostalgia association requires a belt guard for drag racing. Make Brendon send you a picture BEFORE you buy.
    I have a homemade one. Not a full cover tho. I go through tech at Goodguys and then take the damn thing off. Wonder if that's just one of the reasons they don't like me?
    Found this mixed in with some jet stuff: http://hi-techperformance.com/Parts.HTM
    RCD style (probably what Brendon sells)http://www.rcdengineering.com/belt2.html

Heatseeker
    Snowboat, I have a stainless cover that I started and never finished. It would require another piece of stainless(I may be able to supply), some welding and polishing to be complete. I can email you a photo if you're interested. PM me and let me know.

You might ask Billy B, he has a nice one on his boat. I'll look for a picture!

http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...wfd021-med.jpg Its not a real good picture, but you get the ideal!

Kindsvater Flat

there you go, thanks Mike!

Kindsvater Flat
    Welcome Hud!!

What night do we chat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast