Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Closed

Hustler
    Forest Service Pulls Pyramid Lake's Permit
    1/27/2004
    Pearl Obispo [Signal Staff Writer]
    Pyramid Lake Recreation Area will close today and remain closed for approximately four months, officials said — but not because of state budget problems.
    Officials said the lakeÂ’s operator, Pyramid Enterprises Inc., failed to make payments to the U.S. Forest Service as called for in its permit.
    The closure includes Los Alamos Campground, Emigrant Landing, Vaquero Day Use Area and boat ramp. Marina services such as boat rentals, boat storage, food services and bait sales will be suspended indefinitely. Owners of boats docked in the area will need to remove them by Feb. 29.
    “The closure is due specifically because of (Pyramid Enterprises’) non-payment of fees,” said Kathy Petersen, spokeswoman for the Forest Service. “The closure will be in effect up to 120 days because that’s how long the Forest Service to arrange for other operational staffing.”
    However, Petersen said she could not elaborate on the details for privacy reasons.
    The Forest Service allows concessionaires to manage recreation sites on certain federally owned property. Officials said the arrangement provides business opportunities and reduces operational and maintenance costs for the government.
    Forest Supervisor Jody Noiron apologized for any inconvenience to the public.
    “We realize this is a popular area, and we are going to try and reopen the facility as soon as we can,” Noiron said in a statement.
    District Ranger Cid Morgan said starting today, Pyramid Enterprises will no longer be involved with the lake.
    “As of (today), the lake will be closed up to 120 days,” she said. “At least, that’s what how long we’re thinking it will take for us to get the facility up and running.”
    The Forest Service is also in the of soliciting a new vendor for the facility.
    Officials advised lake visitors to find alternate facilities such as Lake Piru and Castaic Lake during the temporary closure. Both lakes are available for fishing and boating, although Castaic will be closed for all operations except boating after Feb. 1.
    For more information, contact the Forest Service at (626) 821-6700 or (661) 296-9710, or visit www.fs.fed.us.r5.angeles. Owners of boats docked at Pyramid should contact Theresa Orr at (661) 296-9710.

eliminatedsprinter
    This seems really dumb to me. Oh well my boat's powerhead will be in its's break-in period anyways, so I guess it won't be too much of a sacrafice to go to that hyper regulated, 35 mph, no beer, no fun, Castiac for a trip or 2. :yuk:

SoCal_fun
    Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
    This seems really dumb to me. Oh well my boat's powerhead will be in its's break-in period anyways, so I guess it won't be too much of a sacrafice to go to that hyper regulated, 35 mph, no beer, no fun, Castiac for a trip or 2. :yuk:
    How bout the Pyramid Posse taking over the concession?
    We could have a beer barge, raise the speed limit to 125mph on Monday-Friday and require the women to be topless at all times!
    Anybody in?

mirvin
    Does this mean I don't get to become a bonefied member?
    Mirvin

Mrs Luvnlife
    Originally posted by SoCal_fun
    How bout the Pyramid Posse taking over the concession?
    We could have a beer barge, raise the speed limit to 125mph on Monday-Friday and require the women to be topless at all times!
    Anybody in?
    Sounds good, I'll sell the beer! But not topless, I may drink a little of it though!

Jetdriver
    We can celebrate beer and blowjob day there too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek!:

jackpunx
    Seriously.. I think you have a real good idea here.. I think either Shawn or Jerry has a connection at the gate.... whats her name..
    Jerry,
    were you working that for a while

eliminatedsprinter
    If it were up to me, all they would need is to provide basic maint for the ramp, pick up the trash, and provide some basic access to emergency services, to keep it open. I could care less about who runs the concessions or the marina etc... I don't even care if they have patrols, as long as they have a boat and someone there who can respond to emergencies when called. Besides, because it is part of our water supply, there will always have to be some type of patroling going on there for security reasons weather it is open or not.

75_Elim
    Originally posted by jackpunx
    Seriously.. I think you have a real good idea here.. I think either Shawn or Jerry has a connection at the gate.... whats her name..
    Jerry,
    were you working that for a while
    That would Betty..... Lovely Sweaty Betty! Ahh Yaa the times we had... But we've been over for a good year now.
    I'm pretty sure Shawn started up with her after me, he may have her number. What am I saying..... I know he has her number!! He had it bad for her

jackpunx
    aahhh Betty,.. yea.. Well boys.. looks like Jerry is our in.. Your gonna have to take one for the team son.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast