Thread: Anyone have a 454 4 bolt block?

78Eliminator
    I need one. If you have one, please let me know how much, where and the condition. Thanks again!
    Justin

GofastRacer
    I have an early standard bore 2 bolt never been rebuilt, cleaned , magged, sonic tested, thinnest spot is .190. I'll throw in a set of 4 bolt caps if you want to convert it!. I'll take $500!...

LakesOnly
    Justin, FYI,
    Any BBC can be set up with aftermarket 4-bolt caps...and I've heard they can be stronger than OEM 4-bolt stuff.
    LO

78Eliminator
    I know, but I am doing this on a budget. AND, I am trying to do 100% of the machine work. I already have a 2 bolt block, I am just a little funny about spinning it 7500 rpms with two bolts....
    I suppose some people run big horsepower with 2 bolts, so what the heck. Two bolts it is......

Brodie
    cum on dude
    budgit does not equel Sanger,,,,,
    dang

GofastRacer
    I'm running a 2 bolt and I spin mine 7500 but I use studs on the mains!. For maximum strenght for blown applications, you start with a 2 bolt and use aftermarket steel splayed caps along with steel front and rear caps!..

LakesOnly
    Yeah, stud your mains...
    LO

78Eliminator
    Originally posted by Brodie
    cum on dude
    budgit does not equel Sanger,,,,,
    dang
    This is my first motor I have ever built where I did all the machine work myself so I am being conservative until I am a "proven" machinst. I will put in a super duper one next year. Besides, a few little birdies have told me that there are lots of ends you can cut to save money. A lot of super expensive parts are not necessary unless you have more money than brains....

Hotcrusader76
    Not to beat a dead horse here, but if it were my money I'd look into a 2-bolt block and upgrade to splayed caps just as it was mentioned above. Main-studs are another good insurance policey from what I've researched.
    ~Ty ....gotta get back to my new motor project as well

shirkey4750
    Have a four bolt Gen V Mercruiser short block that needs a crack in the water jacket welded. $400.00