Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new tow rig?

CA Stu
    I plan to keep my 01 until the wheels fall off. I'm looking to get a million miles out of it It's all hooked up with leather, heated seats, 8 way power seats, etc. etc. I really really like my Dodge.
    Thanks
    CA Stu

DogHouse
    I have an 04 2500 DC HO 6-spd. 5k+ miles and zero issues so far. Initial quality much better than either of the new GMs I've owned. I really like this truck, fits me perfect. I especially like getting 18-19 mpg around town and better on the highway. Tows great too. No complaints...

LAST DANCE
    I went from a 02 Chev Z71 (also a great truck) to a GMC 2500 4x4 crew cab diesel. The ride, the power,its the cats ass....
    Get one you'll love it....

Mandelon
    Try missboatnam, she works at a dodge dealer. The Dodge looks like a winner to me too.

dirtman
    I think I have it narrowed down to the Dodge 2500 with a cummins HO. I'll attach a scan of the brochure with the engine specs.

Mike67rs
    You will be very happy with the Cummins, especially the new 325/600 50 state motor. I have an 03 2500 4x4 with the Cummins. Check this site forum for lots of good info. Mike
    http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php

dirtman
    Ok...finally nailed it down to an '04 Dodge 3500 quad cab short box. Cummins, limited slip rear diff, loaded up.
    The Ford F 250 that I had was pushing the weight envelope when we loaded up. (1440 lb pin wt., extra gas, propane, toolbox etc)
    This one oughta do the trick. They have it inside at the dealership bolting on the extras (tube running boards, stainless stuff for the front end, chrome dealios over the wheel wells etc) and it should be done by noon tommorrow. Will post pics later.

STV_Keith
    You got the best truck on the market. Did you get the 6-speed?

Jordy
    Originally posted by STV_Keith
    You got the best truck on the market.
    He never even mentioned the Duramax.
    I did smoke a Cummins up a big ass hill today pullin' 6K or so with a trailer and a Detroit 12V-71. He wanted to play and was only pullin' a little trailer and a 4x4 quad... His dually just disappeared out of my mirrors... cya.

bigq
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    He never even mentioned the Duramax.
    I did smoke a Cummins up a big ass hill today pullin' 6K or so with a trailer and a Detroit 12V-71. He wanted to play and was only pullin' a little trailer and a 4x4 quad... His dually just disappeared out of my mirrors... cya.
    most of us Cummins drivers are nice that way, we know how sensitive you duramax guys are.
    Nothing worse than seeing a grown man cry.:cry:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast