Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: block water psi

squirt_gon
    can someone please give me some input on how to lower the water pres. in the block w/o restriting flow and over heating at low rpm (50+ psi in block @ 6200 rpm)

Heatseeker
    Install a pressure bypass regulator before the engine. You'll have to add another overboard water dump too.

squirt_gon
    won't the bypass starve the eng. @ hi rpm water will take the
    path of least resteance ?

Taylorman
    Originally posted by squirt_gon
    can someone please give me some input on how to lower the water pres. in the block w/o restriting flow and over heating at low rpm (50+ psi in block @ 6200 rpm)
    You need to tell us how you have your water plumbing routed and we can give you a better answer.

squirt_gon
    My plumbing is routed this way:
    from the pump to valve; from valve to Tee up to front of block water inlets; out of one side of thermostat housing to dump with valve; header injection lines out of other side of thermostat housing to bassett Tee from Tee to headers.

Heatseeker
    The bypass regulator will stay closed until the set point is reached, at which time it will only open enough to bleed off the excess pressure. You'll need to install a pressure gauge to get the regulator set right.
    You would install it after your valve, before the engine.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    hey palmer heard you sold the meatseeker... hows the rogers coming. is it like that one thats in the back of the current ***boat? you going to red bluff this year? you still havent seen my boat yet. we got to meet up.

HBjet
    Here is an old photo. Add a water pressure regulator. My block is 25psi at 5800rpm with a water temp of 120-122 degrees on a 100 degree day. You can by them at Grainger. N35B is the part or model number. I don't remember which one.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0regulator.jpg
    HBjet

Heatseeker
    Originally posted by likeFATHERlikeSON3
    hey palmer heard you sold the meatseeker... hows the rogers coming. is it like that one thats in the back of the current ***boat? you going to red bluff this year? you still havent seen my boat yet. we got to meet up.
    Yea, the Heatseeker is no more . I really didn't want to get rid of it, but didn't have a choice thanks to the wonderful city I live in. I practically gave it away!
    My Roger's is the exact same hull as Cyclone's. It won't ever be as nice as his, though. I'm working on having it up and running this year, otherwise, it's going to be a long hot summer here.

P-Money
    Infomaniac's Bypass Regulator (this is on a v-drive, but it still gets the point across). Hope Info doesn't mind me using this....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ve_640-med.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast