Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much better are headers ?

Mohavekid
    Originally posted by TexasJet
    Lightning make a set that is 32" wide. That is the set I will be getting. That is the out to out dimension on my stock logs. They will line up perfectly.
    TJ, where did you find the 32 inch wide Lightnings? Their web site shows the BBC headers at 36 inches wide.

RedRocket
    Mr. Twister, he didn't have logs , he had center rise manifolds, if he had logs he would've seen a big difference. Omega>> you had that 200 rpm gain with headers , what did you start out with logs or what? and how modified is your motor. I'm considering better exhaust too.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by RedRocket
    Mr. Twister, he didn't have logs , he had center rise manifolds, if he had logs he would've seen a big difference. Omega>> you had that 200 rpm gain with headers , what did you start out with logs or what? and how modified is your motor. I'm considering better exhaust too.
    started out turning about 5100-5200 rpm on a mildly modified BBF making somewhere in the neighborhood of 463hp. had logs with snails with the 2 7/8" exhaust tips. Went to the bassett twisties and now top rpm is 5300-5400rpm. Going to put on my new 750 holley dp this season and see if it compliments the headers. Although I really don't want to push this Ford past 5500rpm if I can help it.
    Omega

TexasJet
    MohaveKid, Try the CP PERFORMANCE catalog or their web site. I haven't looked at the Lightning web site in a while but I thought they had the 32" headers listed.

Mohavekid
    TJ, found the narrow ones in the CP web site.
    Thanks

AdrenelineOD
    I`m not a pro but this I do know logs rely on the piston to push ex. Headers are like a vacume, as soon as the ex. valve opens the ex. is vacumed out even befor the piston is doing much thus making more room for pure O2 and feul thus increasing everything (slightly on my boat) Quote me if I`m wrong. CHEARS!!!

Taylorman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123