Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Imco SC Drive Failures ... Beware!

carbonmarine
    Talk to Michelle Jessup at Magic.... She knows all the guys
    at Latham and other componet co in Florida.....
    Rick32

Dave C
    I got WPM steering. so far so good.
    FYI, I'll be going XR and WPM too on new boat......

Chris Winn
    thanks guys-
    i did go witht he XR when i bought the boat (only paid $1500 for the upgrade) i figured it was cheap insurance! i am going to talk to magic and see what my options are.

Chris Winn
    Hey Carbon-
    you have the sunsation if i remember correct? are you going to out and about in Newport beach this weekend, we are going to down at Hooter and Cassisdy's on Sat while our wifes are at a baby shower.
    i have a friend who is buying a new baot right now, he has looked at Magic (i'm biased) but really liked the 29t Hallet. if you were around are you into taking anyone for a ride on Sat in your sunsation, we could supply the drinks??
    pm if you are interested.

DogHouse
    I'm building a new boat that's going to have 22 outdrives on it. Was going to buy IMCOs, not any more.

ps: Charley, did you happen to ask Larry if he could help put in a good word over at IMCO for you? I know he generates a lot of business for them.

1stepcloser
    Originally posted by Chris Winn
    I am about to add full hydraulic steering to my new(er) Magic. who should I get the steering from????
    (remember that I want it all the way to the helm, and tilt wheel would still be nice!!!)
    Without a doubt, Call Warlock Performance Marine in Corona.
    (909) 371-8247.
    They can do the full hydraulic system, in any configuration you want, with no drama.
    Pricing is very competitive, if not better than "the other guys".
    And, they know what Customer Service means.
    I have WPM's system on my boat, trouble free for three seasons.

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    Charley, did you happen to ask Larry if he could help put in a good word over at IMCO for you? I know he generates a lot of business for them.
    It would be interesting to hear the reaction of dealers who hype Imco drives to these service stories. It sounds like these situations are far from isolated so watching to see who keeps talking-up Imco will be a bit of an honesty test.
    Charley, perhaps you should send a copy of this thread to the builders and dealers who are big Imco proponents.
    By the way Charley, I feel bad about how this has gone so far. I hope something works out for you.

beer hunter
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    IN Fact : you might want to Bring this thread to Latham's Atatention. I am sure they would in light of the situation would have a Special for us west coast rape victims....
    LMAO

Chris Winn
    thanks one step,
    i am going to give them a call right now and see what they can do for me, i might even make the haul ou to havasu to pick up my boat and bring it to them if they cannot recommend someone to install it (mabey Magic?) in havasu.
    i thing any system is going to survive just fine in my boat, i am not pushing any major power (yet!!!) but i do have a motor that i am in the process of contemplating.
    but i will not give the buisness to IMCO, if they treat a high dollar customer (Charley) like this then they wont give 2 Tom Browns about me!
    we need to support to people that take our needs into consdiration, and show our mutual support for our friends on this board.

Charley
    Well... I have to admit I was truly not expecting this situation to be worked out, especially so quickly, but it has. Fred Inman Sr. and I spoke this morning on the phone about my situation and we have reached an agreement/concession that will both satisfy me personally and also renew my hope with Imco and thier commitment to service after the sale. I would prefer not to divulge all of the details, but one very important factor for me, and all of you, was that according to Fred Sr., Imco will be more receptive when dealing with people when we have parts failures.... basically looking at the individual situation rather than a blanket style assumption. Lets be honest, high performance parts do break... sometimes it's the consumers fault sometimes it's the manufacturers.... I guess with my situation we will never Truly Know exactly what happend, but a smart business owner(Fred Sr.) and a boat owner (Me) were able to reach a fair compromise that renews my personal hope in them as a company and thier products. I hope and believe this means a higher level of service from Imco to all of us... Thank you to all of you for the support here and PM responses too, thanks to all of you my family and I can put this situation behind us and get back to boating