Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Imco SC Drive Failures ... Beware!

BoatFloating
    Charley, thanks for the update. I heard from Carlos on Saturday about the problem. What a bunch of crap and was looking at the Imco drives as a possibilty, not anymore. I'm even hearing that 4X4 has had some issues. $25K for a drive that breaks lowers, shit buy a #6 for $5K more and call it done. I hate companies that don't stand behind their stuff even under warranty and make excuses claiming operator error, yeah, ok!

Charley
    Originally posted by unleashed
    Charley what is it costing you to get it fixed???
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
    alot.. ill call ya

Jordy
    Hey Mr. Big, that's pretty ****in' weak. Don't they know who they're messing with?
    Good luck in this whole deal, and seriously it does suck. Seems to be the trend lately though. Boatnam's boat does what it does because he doesn't know how to drive it. You and Grass Pay's apparently don't know how to trim it. Perhaps they could set up some kind of a school so everyone can get it together.
    Jordy

Tinkerer
    There have been many posts on OSO about problems with the IMCO drives and their failure to stand behind their product.
    Some people have even been told ( WHAT ABOUT - NO WARRANTY - DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND )

Jordy
    Originally posted by Tinkerboater
    ( WHAT ABOUT - NO WARRANTY - DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND )
    Hey, there's a warranty. It just happens to be 5 years everything but parts and labor.

gnarley
    What’s the cost of the Bravo XR and the Imco SC? If similarly priced I would pick the one that stands behind their product with a warranty and walk away laughing at the one who didn’t.

HighRoller
    After they told you it was caused by incorrect trim you should have told them Bob Teague was driving it when it blew. Would love to hear what they had to say then

welk2party
    If I treated my customers this way, I would be out looking for a new career in short order. My experience has always been that 1 unhappy customer translates to untold amounts of lost business. My mentor in business when I was in college would go to great strides to satisfy an unhappy cusotmer. Even if the customer was wrong. The theory being it is like advertising. It is cheaper in the long run to absorb the cost of making a customer happy by consider it advertising. We would not pay to advertise the wrong message about our products, so why would we lose the opportunity to create a satisfied customer who does part of our advertising every time he talks to someone. Investing in our brand or service.
    This thread is proving that. How many people posting and yet how many more reding this thread will think twice before buying IMCO? Unfortunately for IMCO, it was 1 too many already.:yuk:

carbonmarine
    I had two issues with my Merc XZ drives.... I took it to Jim Wilkes in Santa Ana and He called Merc.... Two new XZ's showed up next day were installed on Mercs Tab ...
    Rick32

welk2party
    BTW, I feel really good now about my upgrade to an XR.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast