Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Imco SC Drive Failures ... Beware!

Kachina26
    Hey Charley,
    I think it was classy of you to wait till things panned out before you posted. I also think you are right on to post this kind of info, we just got our boat but will upgrade to more size and power someday, I know what drive I won't be using. I too work at a dealership like Haullen270 and sometimes we take care of crap that I know was abuse, just to make sure we keep our good name. We always give the customer the benefit of the doubt, it just makes good sense. Bad enough when you make an honest mistake and word gets out, even worse when you intentionally screw people! IMCO needs to wake up and smell the publicity. Get with it guys! Alot of ***boaters with alot of disposable income are getting the wrong impression about you!

CMABadseed
    gotta screw a company back when they screw ya! otherwise nothing gets done. hopefully something does get done. i think i've counted 6 people that were looking at IMCO and if only 4 ended up getting one....how much is that they are loosing? and all the guys waiting to fix their broken IMCO's that are just gonna go to MERC instead of dealing with all that BS!
    good for charley good for ***boat.net members good for all but those who refuse to be good!

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by FastTimmy
    Charley, sorry to hear about you srew job. It is always sad when a company just F@*CKS the customer.
    On the good side:
    Hey there will be a new player on the block soon. Fortin engineering is wrapping up there first of two new drives. The first is bad as upper with no cone clutch, they use a idler set up insted. the second too come has a two speed box in the upper unit. Now you can't shift under power but you can have a normal speed gear and a great low gear for cruissing the no wake zones with big gears and big props.
    Timmy
    Fortin builds some bad ass shiz, his transmissions are second to none. I am sure his drives will be just as good.
    Brian

carbonmarine
    So far I see warnings & idle threats of boycott.... Stainless
    Marine, WPM, Merc and others take notice ! Potential coup for you !
    In So far as IMCO & Others mentioned....The HB.com, OSO.com & Speedwake.com folks are sick of it ! You guys have 30 year old technology that you still charge a premium for why ???
    Because your bitchen like Bob Teague ?? ( LOL )
    ** Seriously, What global industry has Gross Profit Marigin derivitive's that INCREASE with insuing year counts besides the marine industry ???
    ** I dont know about you guys, but my products GPM decreases quarterly at the same volumes ..... explain that dynamic ?
    Lesson to all new comer's....** Approach you OEM relationships with much care & back it up..
    Rick32

MASTERKENDOG
    Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
    well i know I can tell more then that.. I know everyone in marina del rey that sell ,buy, and test all the boats.. and they are all kinds.. I know word will travel fast to Havasu, parker and so on..
    my dad use to work for criscraft and he was also partners with jeff blosdale so that would not be a problem to let the consumers know how much imco is suckin wind..
    She's right! Sorry to hear that, Charley. Keep us posted, I'm real interested in hearing how Imco deals with this. Good Luck!
    MKD.

Hallett19
    does anyone see Merc steppin' up and taking Charlies SC's in trade for a kickdown on some new XR's !!?!? Could you imagine ??? IMCO would never sell another drive again !!!!

HighRoller
    Somebody needs to email Mercury Racing and tell them about this golden opportunity. Even if I were a dealer like Teague or GT Marine I would be PM'ing Charley right now and telling him I'd give him a pair of my drives at cost minus the trade in value for those IMCO's. Result? Customer for life, IMCO loses his business permanently. My buddy was considering a pair of those pricey ass gatlin mufflers and I just emailed him with this story. Looks like Charley's debacle just cost them another 800 bucks.
    P.S. 1091 views and counting, Mr. Inman!

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    Fortin builds some bad ass shiz, his transmissions are second to none. I am sure his drives will be just as good.
    Ask GRASS PAY$ about the "indestructable" Fortin drive.

MagicMtnDan
    Before this thread it was my impression that IMCO offered more expensive drives that were an alternative than those from Mercury.
    Now I know that whatever IMCO sells they (a) won't stand behind them and (b) I need to stay away from them.
    Life is too short to not learn from other peoples' experience.
    1150 views now.

HavasuDreamin'
    Lets not forget that many boat manufactures also pay attention to the boards as well. I am sure after reading a thread like this that there will be a few less mfg.'s recomending IMCO drives, parts, or anything for that matter.
    Mercury seems to know where it is at.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast