Thread: IMCO SC Drive Failure

Charley
    Well... I have to admit I was truly not expecting this situation to be worked out, especially so quickly, but it has. Fred Inman Sr. and I spoke this morning on the phone about my situation and we have reached an agreement/concession that will both satisfy me personally and also renew my hope with Imco and thier commitment to service after the sale. I would prefer not to divulge all of the details, but one very important factor for me, and all of you, was that according to Fred Sr., Imco will be more receptive when dealing with people when we have parts failures.... basically looking at the individual situation rather than a blanket style assumption. Lets be honest, high performance parts do break... sometimes it's the consumers fault sometimes it's the manufacturers.... I guess with my situation we will never Truly Know exactly what happend, but a smart business owner(Fred Sr.) and a boat owner (Me) were able to reach a fair compromise that renews my personal hope in them as a company and thier products. I hope and believe this means a higher level of service from Imco to all of us... Thank you to all of you for the support here and PM responses too, thanks to all of you my family and I can put this situation behind us and get back to boating

Bow Tie Omega
    Make sure you send a copy of this to Imco to show them what not standing behind their warranty gets them.

bordsmnj
    That is totaly chicken shit of IMCO -in my opinion. Sorry to hear about the hassle you get to go through alone, Charlie. I'm sure imco will hear about this thread.aren't they at the boat show? Bad timing to be hosing people.:frown:

Charley
    Well... I have to admit I was truly not expecting this situation to be worked out, especially so quickly, but it has. Fred Inman Sr. and I spoke this morning on the phone about my situation and we have reached an agreement/concession that will both satisfy me personally and also renew my hope with Imco and thier commitment to service after the sale. I would prefer not to divulge all of the details, but one very important factor for me, and all of you, was that according to Fred Sr., Imco will be more receptive when dealing with people when we have parts failures.... basically looking at the individual situation rather than a blanket style assumption. Lets be honest, high performance parts do break... sometimes it's the consumers fault sometimes it's the manufacturers.... I guess with my situation we will never Truly Know exactly what happend, but a smart business owner(Fred Sr.) and a boat owner (Me) were able to reach a fair compromise that renews my personal hope in them as a company and thier products. I hope and believe this means a higher level of service from Imco to all of us... Thank you to all of you for the support here and PM responses too, thanks to all of you my family and I can put this situation behind us and get back to boating