Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance question

shadow
    just got notice of non renwal for insurance. due to underwritting reasons.been with them 2yr,s.they never asked hull type,i never
    offered.this must be the reason.anybody have insurance company,s they would recomend?i,m still covered till april but the last time it took awhile to find a carrier.

CEO
    Lying is the worst thing you can do. If you lie about the hull, you will given them your cash for no reason. You won't be covered. No ands, ifs, or butts

25Elmn8r
    Be up front with them and never lie!
    Try Marty Ragman at Charter Lakes 714.969.2418
    He is a boater and a good guy. He got me my insurance at a better price than I could find anywhere.

shadow
    didn't lie they never asked. definately want to be covered if i ever need it.who's got decent rates for cats? thanks!

Kachina26
    Allstate has been good to me

Jordy
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    Allstate has been good to me
    Allstate won't cover "performance boats." That includes 99% of the cats out there. They have a list of boats that they consider high performance that they work off and as of a couple years ago just about every major manufacturer was listed or had models next to the name that they wouldn't cover.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    Allstate won't cover "performance boats." That includes 99% of the cats out there. They have a list of boats that they consider high performance that they work off and as of a couple years ago just about every major manufacturer was listed or had models next to the name that they wouldn't cover.
    Jordy, you a insurance guy in a previous life?

Mohavekid
    Most of the big name type companies want nothing to do with a "performance cat".
    As JP posted, if your boat is on the "list" they won't underwrite it, unless you have an in with underwriter and can get them to bend their underwriting rules for you. If your agent is a big producer for a particular company, they may have enough juice to get it done.
    Your best bet will be a specialty insurer.
    Good luck.

Jordy
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Jordy, you a insurance guy in a previous life?
    Nope. I've just run the gammet to get my boat covered. There were a few loopholes. My buddy got his Skater covered because it's listed on the registration as a Douglas Marine and while Skater is in the black list book, Douglas isn't. Whether or not he'd be covered if anything happened is another story.

mbrown2
    Call Devin Wozencraft 714-263-2626...He is a Farmers Agent, but can get Markel or Ace as well for Cats...He was able to match the big east coast guys when I got insurance for our boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast