Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: insurance question

shadow
    thanks for the info and names and #'s i'll check around and let you know of any that are good or will cover me.my policy doesn't expire till april.alot may change between now and then.

little rowe boat
    Try leisurecraft,I believe they are out of Newport beach. Good luck

STGP
    Call LowB (Steve) he is on this board and a good friend of mine. He is an insurance broker and handles all of my insurance. Got me the best rate on my 28' Magic Deck with a 496HO.
    800-679-3631

miketsouth
    My experience so far is the phrase 'tunnel hull' (Cat/multihull) combined with anything less than 26' at any horsepower or configuration meets with the immediate or eventual response 'no'. . I sent as much documentation as i could to many agents to try to get a 300hp 19' P/F Jet with TT exhausts. Answer 'no' or 'no market'. My Allstate agent, contrary to many reports on this board, has treated me quite fairly. She went WAY out of her way to try to get my boat underwritten. No Dice.
    In my queries i spoke with lots of agents who knew EXACTLY what i was talking about and even would discuss various properties of jets, motors, cams, etc. I also spoke with even more who didnt know mud from shoepolish. Same thing. "No".
    One agent, one of them who knew EXACTLY what i was talking about, even suggested ways to try to defer responsibility.
    If someone finds out different, please post it. To have a P/F i was willing to have a mild one, just to get liability insurance.
    mikeT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12