Thread: Trident Boats at the LA Boat Show??

NOCTURNAL
    A few months back, there was a lot of talk about the new boats. Do they have a presense at the Boat Show? If so, does anybody have any more feed-back on this "revolutionary" design. (Not shit talking, just paraphrasing)?

Infomaniac
    Things are alive and well at Trident.
    That question was asked last week.
    Here is the thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=38898)

BoatFloating
    Froggy and the crew got behind because of all the wild fires that hit San Diego County. I guess they are pretty lucky the building didn't burn down.

Froggystyle
    I'd love to blame it all on the fires, but we are behind for several other reasons as well.
    We are pretty far out on our own as far as components, processes, mentality, structure, and construction. This departure is going to result in huge benefits to our clients, but is definitely slowing down the finishing stages of the development processes.
    Basically, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and we are pretty sure it isn't a train at this point!
    But no... we are not displaying at the show this year. In fact, we will not be displaying until the boat is completely dialed in. The first boats everybody sees will be clients, boats from production, not our test mule, which is hitting the water very soon hopefully.
    Thanks for remembering us though, and we promise not to let you down with our end results.
    Squirts up!

bigkatboat
    Frog, you told me in an private note that "my mule boat" idea was 'old style'. Yes I am old style and I have had a number of award winning designs that have made money for me, and a few that were stolen, so PUT THE MULE IN THE WATER and test the hell out of it before you turn it loose on the public. Computers and magic DO NOT COMPARE to real world water time! You have no idea how many BRAND NAME boats have hull bottom and or structural design problems that have gone uncorrected for monetary reasons. Do the right thing, and we will compare designs when mine comes out. Good luck. Do your best work! "Your best work may not bring you riches, but it will always let you sleep thru the night"

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by bigkatboat
    Frog, you told me in an private note that "my mule boat" idea was 'old style'. Yes I am old style and I have had a number of award winning designs that have made money for me, and a few that were stolen, so PUT THE MULE IN THE WATER and test the hell out of it before you turn it loose on the public. Computers and magic DO NOT COMPARE to real world water time! You have no idea how many BRAND NAME boats have hull bottom and or structural design problems that have gone uncorrected for monetary reasons. Do the right thing, and we will compare designs when mine comes out. Good luck. Do your best work! "Your best work may not bring you riches, but it will always let you sleep thru the night"
    I like the way you think BKBoat, I have seen Froggys new one. How about a picture of yours, if it's a mule who cares right........( . )( . ).........I will be back with his, cool looking! Really roundish though. I can have a opinion also

Kim Hanson
    What's up with the edit crap? Anyways.......( . )( . ).......
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../726.jpg:cool:

NOCTURNAL
    Thanks for the replys. Good luck in the near future. Froggy - if you could, keep us (me) posted on the next open house or lake test in havasu. Thanks all.

Froggystyle
    Originally posted by bigkatboat
    Frog, you told me in an private note that "my mule boat" idea was 'old style'.
    Using a mule as a development platform is. Big time. You can find out if a hull has any bad qualities, such as porpoise, bow rise, chine walking etc... but you will never be able to investigate potential plusses this way. The best result you can hope for with this line of empirical testing is "no suprises". The problem is, there is a lot of misinformation going around between "hull designers" as to A) why stuff is working and B) what is actually happening to create negative handling characteristics. Say something for long enough, and people begin to believe it... even yourself.
    The computer with all that it offers is absolutely the way to innovate safely. We baselined our boat from something so far departed from the norm that we would never have even attempted this type of hull on our own, and with existing wisdom. Convention and "experience" do not lead down our path. They incidentally didn't lead down the path that led to the "Voyager" which for those that are not following this reference is the very unique composite airplane built by the Rutans that crushed endurance records and globe circumnavigation records some years ago. Science, in it's complete lack of deference to what exists today told a different story to the Rutans, and it told a different tale to us as well.
    Our "test mule" is intended to verify that all of our computer modeling and testing is accurate. It is made to have a whole butt-ton of sensors installed in the tunnels and in the hull surfaces that will be attached to a laptop for quantitative analysis of the actual events occuring during testing, instead of a vague description by the driver or passenger leaning over the side. It is intended to ensure that our audio system behaves as designed, and that you can reach everything that the CAD drawing suggested you would be able to reach. It is to make sure that the rear pocket door doesn't swing open under heavy side wake action, and that the hatch doesn't begin to lift at full speed, and that when the ramp is down at idle it doesn't make weird noises that the designers didn't expect. It is to make sure there is no way to pinch a little kid's fingers in the helm door opening while it is closing, and that the seats are as comfortable at speed as we planned on.
    This boat will represent the last of the changes we want to make before the production items are sent to press. It is our prototype, and we are taking our time with it.
    As I have mentioned before, the people who have registered on our website, www.tridentboats.com are getting information about one month ahead of the magazines, and general public. We have 512 members as of this morning, with more adding by the hour. These folks have been waiting a long time, and provided an amazing amount of support for our little project since day one, and the first boats have been sold from among these ranks. I encourage anyone wanting fresh information and pictures to register, as we are starting to send them out every two weeks or so until the boat hits the water and dealerships as there is so much great material to cover.
    Thanks to everyone for your input and interest. I think everyone will be extremely pleasantly suprised with our results, and I firmly believe that there is no better way to build a boat or company than we have chosen to do.
    Squirts up!
    Wes