Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood Burning Stoves

INXS
    I got a Quadra-Fire Wood burning stove this year. It says it can heat a 1500 sq ft home. My house is about 1700 sq ft and it does a good job, but I could use a little more out-put from it. It does not have a blower or outside air set-up. Does anyone know how much benefit these options would be?
    INXS

78Eliminator
    Hey, I don't know the answer to your question, but I have always liked those. BUT, I do know you can buy these little pellets for them that burn hotter and longer than wood. I would like to some day have one of those. Some day.....

Kindsvater Flat
    I have a large self lighting pellet stove and its going down the road. Sure the sacks are nice but its nothing compared to regular wood.

spectratoad
    I have a pellet also and it does nice to keep the room at temp. One way you can move the heat around is to install cieling fans. I put several in my house and it works great.
    I had a wood stove but I just didn't like the mess but it did keep it hotter in here than my pellet. I have a 1700sf home and it kept it around 70 - 85. It is sitting on the back porch now. I think I am going ot sell it or put it in my garage.

INXS
    Originally posted by spectratoad
    I have a pellet also and it does nice to keep the room at temp. One way you can move the heat around is to install cieling fans. I put several in my house and it works great.
    I had a wood stove but I just didn't like the mess but it did keep it hotter in here than my pellet. I have a 1700sf home and it kept it around 70 - 85. It is sitting on the back porch now. I think I am going ot sell it or put it in my garage. Did you use outside air or a blower?
    INXS

Chase
    I need a wood burner in my pants...check out my weather button..

INXS
    Originally posted by Chase
    I need a wood burner in my pants...check out my weather button.. Wrong sex, Try Dailing 1-800-IAMGAY
    INXS

Chase
    I am not gay....don't be starting on of those gay links either

INXS
    Originally posted by Chase
    I am not gay....don't be starting on of those gay links either Yea, Right!
    INXS

Dribble
    The outside air setup is the way to go. The reason is that without it the stove takes heated inside air to feed the fire. Then it is replaced by air leaking in through windows and door jambs. I have a stove without a fan but with outside air. It heats 2000 sq ft toasty warm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast