Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got one winter project done

cyclone
    that looks sweet!

BigBoyToys
    Great Job! Want to do another one? For a fee of course

AZKC
    Lots of work but well worth it Good Job

A buddy of mine bought a new TR last year and paid as much to have it polished as he did to buy it. You just saved yourself about $280! How's it feel? Very nice work.
    Here's my project. I'm just going to sand it smooth and have it jethot coated. Although I prefer the looks of a polished intake, I'm much too lazy to take care of it properly. Some people don't care for the ceramic looks, but it's maintenance free and I REALLY REALLY like that. I've already got enough crap that I HAVE to polish. I want to drive my boat, not rub on it. I literally run my boat every weekend in the summer (that's about 8 months worth in Arizona) and that adds up to lots of polishing.
    New project. According to the gentleman I'm buying it from, it's been sitting for about six years.
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/TRside1.jpg
    Here's a shot of the jethotted dual plane I'm running now. I took it to jethot in the box it shipped in and had em do it up. Should've sanded it down some but I still like it. The picture is from three seasons ago and it looks just like that now. Just wipe the water spots off it. Never ever ever have to polish it.
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/manifold1t.jpg

1slowboat
    squirt, that intake looks very good. i thought about having mine powder coated, but decided to pollish it instead, the intake you have there ( the rough one ) is the same intake that i started with.
    as for the sanding procedure
    1- started with 120 grit to knock down all the rough on the intake and take out all the pits in the cast surface.
    2- 180 grit
    3- 240 grit
    4- 280 grit
    5- 600 grit. wet/ dry
    6- 1500 grit. wet/ dry
    7- pollish and turn yourself BLACK with a grinder/ pollishing wheel with the big stick pollish.
    8- hand pollish all imperfections left by a high speed grinder with mothers mag and aluminum pollish
    9- step back and
    i dont want to do an other one any time soon... all that pollishing and sanding gave me carpol tunnel..lol

1slowboat
    sqirtcha, are your heads ported and pollished? i dont know if you noticed that i port matched my runners and pollished them too... it was a little difficult because the runners are d- shapped.

Nope box stock Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. I want to port match my TR so I have that to look forward to. Now I'm wondering if the intake ports aren't larger than the heads though. What do you think? I aint taking the heads off so if there's a mismatch it'll stay that way.
    I've heard that it's not a good idea to polish the runners on an intake. I don't know how true it is, but they say that the casting/sand marks help to better atomize the fuel. Ya hear a lot of things though................

460 jus getn it
    nice work:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Sleek26
    Hey Bubba,
    Anybody that spends that much time polishing needs to get a life.
    OR do a bunch more for other people, for a nominal fee of course, and fix his broken hot rod jeep.

1slowboat
    sleek26, hell i havent heard from you on here in a while. I'm working on getting my jeep fixed. i have to get a new transfer case ,sye, and drive shaft..... i'll have em in a couple of weeks.....
    when are you going to get that sleekcraft in the water?????
    I dont think that the pollished runners will make that much diff. they run almost straight down anyways.... i figured why not pollish them while its off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12