Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 460 with sleeves.

HOSS
    Damn! 4 holes have to be sleeved. Its cold outside. 58 degrees. The pistins are new and standaqrd size but .120 wouldn`t clean this shit up. Gota guy offerring me 5g when done. I`m gonna take six. I want a pickle, tunnel or a hydro. BLOWN! And yes with zoomies. Time for me to loosen my grip on life. Hell, I`m on the wagon! Started my 7th week Saturday.
    Does Bud Light in a bottle (ice cold) still taste good?

Fiat48
    4 sleeves? Deep six that block.

HOSS
    Depends on amount I will be charged.
    Any body got a 460 block? Standard bore?

matt1
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2454559599 (http://)
    Try this out you could drive to Houston and save on shipping.

Moneypitt
    Hoss, what messed up the bores?? You're going to re use the pistons, are they OK? There isn't anything wrong with sleeving if it's done properly. Again, what damaged the bores, and didn't hurt the pistons??................................... Moneypitt

HOSS
    It`s from sitting up. Guess on these four the valves were open. We got a lot more moisture in the air down here. I am taking the cheapest way out. Rings are fine, cleaned grooves.
    I appreciate the ebay link. I am looking for a whole vehicle for like 300 bucks to yank the motor and trash the rest.
    Cheap beacuase I want a different boat. If I don`t get another boat I want over transom exhaust. If I get over transom headders they will be for a big block Chevy becasue its cheaper to build power and parts availabilty. These 460`s would make decent anchors.
    So as you see I am going cheap on this 460 piece of shit for the basic obvious reasons.

HOSS
    Looks like new block. 70 bucks a hole is the cheapest I found and 100 was next. Way to much bread for this POS.

hack job
    you should just buy hot hallets motor and call it a day you would be back on the water fast and very little work.

HOSS
    He`s using his block. Thought about it. 15 bills? Why when I can do it for 400 tops. I`ve already got new parts for the motor too.

Danhercules
    Originally posted by HOSS
    Time for me to loosen my grip on life. Hell, I`m on the wagon! Started my 7th week Saturday.
    Does Bud Light in a bottle (ice cold) still taste good?
    That crap never tasted good!!!!!!!
    Congrats on stayin on the wagon!!! Keep it up!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast