Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Guys Think Of My Finished Project

AdrenelineOD
    Very nice! What did it look like before. I`m stuck with imagination!!!!!

screamdreambrad
    looks good there! but i'd pull it away from the head next time. makes a better picture! brad

BigBoyToys
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Lookee here, I learned something new today. I've never seen that before.
    I never saw it before either until I tried to get my boat running when I first purchased it. I ended up having to make new linkage. The old style 12JI is kind of rare. Berkeley (CP Performance) has started making the 12JI again but it is not the same as the original.

mgar_red
    Hey Tommy,
    Looks sweet. Did you modify your gimble ring to allow for more up travel? The setup I bought for my E already had it done.

aztommy
    Gimble what the hell is one of them there things???? I just cleaned the hell out of the boat and got it to run great. just a tap of the key and fires right up!!!!! As Far as the picture with the nice backround lets just say it was what i needed at the time. Anybody in the phoenix area going boating this weekend??? I would like to gps this thing!!!!! hope to see 60 to 65

mgar_red
    Originally posted by aztommy
    Gimble what the hell is one of them there things????
    Where you see the letters B E R K E L E Y in a curve at the back of your pump, that's your gimble ring. This moves side to side for steering, and also pivots the nozzle up and down. Somebody had ground that upper half of the ring that I got up to the middle horiz lines of the letters, keeping with the curve it had. This lets the nozzle go further up.
    Adjusting your cable to now reach this new stopping point will raise your roost up. Not straight up like the really cool boats, but a lot more from stock. If you'd like, I can swing by the shop and snap a pic of the back b/c I don't have one on file, no prob.
    If you do decide to go this route be very careful, or pay to have it done, mainly in that if it's not done right, and the ring cracks, replacement is up around $3-400 from Berkeley ( CP ).

moneysucker
    Very nice. Watch out stuffing a towel in your scoop though. Mine started cracking at the center seam after a while. But the boat does look great.
    Cy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12