Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 730 Hp

PC Rat
    What do you mean torque is multiplied by 3? If I had 500ft/lbs of torque and added a 300hp shot of nitrous, I now have 1500ft/lbs of torque? Well that is not true.
    The car would be geared taller (lower numarically) because they will now have the hp to run a faster mph in the quarter mile and want to finish at about the same rpm.

cheech
    i was screwing around with my desk top dyno and i put the nitrous to it and the torque gain was alot more then the hp was. and that was the only change i have made. have you driven a nitous car before.(i am not trying to be a smart ass).i just want to ask the people who have seat time in one of these.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by cheech
    thankx cyclone you answerd my question perfectly. very good #'s the chassis dyno does not measure acceleration it measure the amount of hp to hold at a specific speed, the torque is what accelerate's and the horsepower will sustain and still pull but not as quickly.my next question is more to the drag car guy's. now when you put nitrous to the motor( for reference 300 shot fogger) your hp goes up 300 but the torque is almost multiplied by 3. now don't the drivers gear there final ratio to a taller number and lug the motors.
    Lug tha motor? I go thru the lights at 4000 rpm at 117 mph with 2.76 rear gear and 28 inch tall tire.

cheech
    is this on nitous and how much and when do you hit the bottle

Blown 472
    Originally posted by cheech
    is this on nitous and how much and when do you hit the bottle
    Nope, 6:71 blower and it is all there when I stab tha gas.

cheech
    is the drive ratio limited by rpm or when it lifts the heads off

cheech
    are you god or somthing

Race Bob
    Put simply,torque = work,rpm x work =HP. It's as simple as that

cheech
    my question to blown was refering to his blower drive since he was only running 4000 rpm's at the end. i can't type as fast as most of you guy's so i try to shorten my Q's

Race Bob
    Nitrous add's instant torque thats why you run more gear. theres no need to rev it to the moon .

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast