Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best 70+mph V value 26' to 29'???????

Tab
    In your opinion, what is it?

Tom Brown
    Hydrostream Vector + Mercury 2.5 liter V6 + 9 foot aluminum pole used as a bow extension.
    $6500 turn key... plus 15 bucks for the pole.

Outnumbered
    That Dana 29' in the recent HB mag looked pretty sweet and got good reviews. Seems like a lot of boat for the $.
    OL

Tab
    Tom, Thanks for the exceptional value alert. I believe you are currently in first place in said catagory..........wait hummmmmmm.....if we take that $320 pit bike that has been posted here a lot and put an even longer aluminum pole one 'er....say 23 feet or so, put a wheel under the front of said post, point her down hill with you in a tucked position(helmet on of course), I think, given the right terrain, for just under $600 you might just become the new value king: D

Tab
    OL, I also read about the Dana, things sounded pretty positive. However, somewhere recently I thought I read that the handling becomes a bit distinguishable re its characteristics at certain speeds....I'm not currently remembering what it was I read but something about certain handling quirks........? Does this sound familiar at all to you?(I may have it confused with another article?)..

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by Tab
    Tom, Thanks for the exceptional value alert. I believe you are currently in first place in said catagory..........wait hummmmmmm.....if we take that $320 pit bike that has been posted here a lot and put an even longer aluminum pole one 'er....say 23 feet or so, put a wheel under the front of said post, point her down hill with you in a tucked position(helmet on of course), I think, given the right terrain, for just under $600 you might just become the new value king: D
    Is that a lame attempt at slamming or what .....( . )( . ).... Do like those " Cow-Boy Movie's "...Let's Ride!

Tab
    Kim, Who's "TIT'S" is it you're most interested in? Boys or girls?....Just curious...

OGShocker
    Originally posted by Tab
    I may have it confused with another article?)..
    Yes, you do. That's OK, living in the "Hills" can do this to a fella.
    The 27' most recently talked about (quirky handling) was the 2750 Lavey. The 27 Dana Offshore received very high marks.
    As for the best 26 to 29 V. Drive them all! Test, test, test. That is what we did. Compare apples to apples and buy what YOU feel is the best.
    Come by the Boat Show and see me this weekend. We can talk about you moving to the flat lands where things are less confussing.
    OG(I do not work for Dana Boats)Shocker

roln 20s
    Best value- 27' Dana Offshore- beautiful boat. ***boat had nothing but good things to say about it--in fact they said it was a test team favorite I believe. At 69K, a full 27' plus the swim steps, on a triple axle with the 496HO, and 70MPH capabilities- its gonna be tough for anyone else to beat that.
    Roln 20s

Outnumbered
    I guess the Dana I was thinking of had a 2' pole on the front
    That is a 27', I stand corrected.
    OL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast