Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best 70+mph V value 26' to 29'???????

rivercrazy
    Add Shockwave's 25 and 29 to that list of boats to test. You won't be disapointed.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Personally I'm partial to Essex boats and I knwo the ride in a 29 is very nice! Never been in the 25 and I know most people don't like the looks but it's a nice boat IMHO.
    Also, look at the Hallett 270, very nice boat as well. I like the layout of the Advantage 28 Victory also. I did crawl around the inside of a Conquest 276 and it was very nice as well.
    The price range on all of the boats mentioend aboved from lowest to highest will be a fairly wide margin. It all depends on what it is you want to do with the boat. Bottom line is buy the boat that will best fit your needs and budget.

Tab
    Has anybody recently gotten a quote on a 26' Lavey with 496ho?
    Has there been any talk of it sharing the alleged handling quirks experienced in the 276 ***boat tested?

superV
    Originally posted by Tab
    In your opinion, what is it?
    You wont find it on the West Coast!

Tab
    What is the word on the Conquest 276? I went to the show to see it but Keith didn't bring one to show. He quoted me a great price a while back on one, but....I've never seen one and have not heard anything good, bad, or indifferent about them. Wuhdup??

rivercrazy
    I am really impressed with the writeups on the Conquest 276. It received great marks for overall handling and ran a very respectable top end with a 496HO.
    Just keep in mind that the running surface is really like 25.5-26 feet cause the integrated swim step is included in the length calculations.

Essex502
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    I am really impressed with the writeups on the Conquest 276. It received great marks for overall handling and ran a very respectable top end with a 496HO.
    Just keep in mind that the running surface is really like 25.5-26 feet cause the integrated swim step is included in the length calculations.
    When and where was it reviewed...I musta' missed it.

Tab
    Super V, What are you liking????? I've been talkin to Jo at Pantera a little bit about his 28'. He quoted me pretty good prices on a couple different scinarios. They make very good boats but don't seem to put much time into bitchin gelcoat schemes. Do know they work well in the ocean but don't know how well they would work as Havasu family boat. Again......what do you like?

superV
    Originally posted by Tab
    Super V, What are you liking????? I've been talkin to Jo at Pantera a little bit about his 28'. He quoted me pretty good prices on a couple different scinarios. They make very good boats but don't seem to put much time into bitchin gelcoat schemes. Do know they work well in the ocean but don't know how well they would work as Havasu family boat. Again......what do you like?
    Im in st.louis and the show is not till next week.Im not knockin the west coast boat and as far as looks they are on top.The pantere is a good choice and will hold its value for many years to come.I have to agree on the gelcoat not many of the offshore guys are doing wild gels yet but i bet that will change with all the newbies on the offshore market. I like Formula's allot and profile makes a nice boat the sunsations are sweet. Black Thunder is a good one to look at along with Force,warlock,velocity and powerquest to name a few.Go over to OffShoreOnly and look around. I just think when you start looking over 26' these are the guys to look.They have been doing them for years and dont have the customer service issues allot of the west coast guys are having. And since most of them have dealers you can get service just about any where you may be. As far as Havasu goes none of these boat belong there imo!:wink: Good luck and just keep an open mind.

Steamin' Rice
    It depends on what you are looking for in a boat and how you plan to use it... you will have to decide for yourself what is the best "value" for your needs. Value is more than just a low price, as others have pointed out.
    If you are interested in a 28 Pantera, here is a great value on a brand new 2003 28 Pantera that has never been registered.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=68597
    New never titled Pantera 28. Why wait for a new one to be built???
    Available minus motor and drive or finished anyway you like. Motors available from a new 496 Stroker producing 620hp [with dyno sheets] or larger power of your choice.
    Brand new boat with an MSO. Never titled. Full warrenty.
    Boat currently has trim tabs, and gauges installed. Steering has not been installed. I can install the steering of your choice. I have a full hydraulic Imco system on hand and available at cost.
    The boat has two covers. A custom full cover and a cockpit cover. The boat has been stored inside since delivered.
    BLOWOUT PRICE: $45,000
    Also available complete with the following additional equipment:
    600hp 496 Stroker Motor with dyno sheets
    Race Mounts
    CMI Headers
    MSD Ignition
    Bravo Drive
    Full Hydraulic Steering
    UNBELIEVABLE!! $74,900
    For further Information, Please call or email:
    Fred Cecil
    843 339 0023