Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best 70+mph V value 26' to 29'???????

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I thought "Best value" was the topic of the day?
    RD
    You're right. I did throw out some damn expensive boats.

OGShocker
    So Tab, are you more or less confussed?

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by Essex502
    When and where was it reviewed...I musta' missed it.
    I don't remember the specific months but ***boat tested 2 of them in issues within the last 12 months. I know one with with a 496HO that ran in the high 60's.

Essex502
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
    You're right. I did throw out some damn expensive boats.
    But "expensive" doesn't discount value...if an expensive boat keeps 100% of its sales price for 5 years it would be the "ultimate" value as it hasn't depreciated at all.
    Folks on here seem to misunderstand "value" and confuse it with inexpensive.
    The only way to judge value is to factor in resale.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I agree.

fear the turtle
    Honestly, don't know much about all these builders other then reputation and what I get from these boards. But if it didn't have to be new, the trader has a 98 Hallett 27 for $63k. May be a good deal, if in like new condition.

Ducatista
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But "expensive" doesn't discount value...if an expensive boat keeps 100% of its sales price for 5 years it would be the "ultimate" value as it hasn't depreciated at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now there ya go talking about Hallett again..
    RD <---- has 3 friends that bought halletts all 3 sold them for what they paid or more.
    Tab, I would agree with both of these comments. I guy a met in Havasu who sold his 1988 Hallett 23 daycruiser for 19k a couple of years ago, so he could move into a new 24 Hallett. At the time, I just couldn't believe what he got for his bristle 1988 Hallett. Definitely something you want to consider in making your decision. If some boat Mfg's are out of your reach, don't sweat it, there is still alot of nice boats out there to look at and buy.

bigq
    I would think the Dana and Conquest would have great resale value condsidering that the price seems low right now and will only go up. I think you can get thta with a lot of new models. look at the 24 Stealth from Ultra or the new Shockwave cat, both I am sure will be 5-7k more in a year.

dicudmore
    Cheetah has a big ad in Powerboat magazine this month.
    CX29 w/496HO $59,995 or something like that.
    Oh yeah, I don't care about resale, not planning on selling my boat anytime soon....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234