Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boats with staterooms? I need 411 please...

FMluvswater
    It's just research for a story I'm writing ...
    boatlovers independently wealthy gf gives him a boat with 2 staterooms for his birthday ... I don't know maybe that's too expensive a gift for a woman to give her boyfriend? I managed to find a boat I'd love to cruise in (hell I'd love to live on it!) but $$$? practicality? quality? I know this is not very important since I'm not actually able to buy one or anything but if someone/anyone could at least look at what I found at the following link
    Bayliner 4087
    and just tell me
    1.quality: good or bad?
    2.expense: ok or inappropriate for a birthday gift?
    3. a better suggestion
    I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Mandelon

Bayliners are a "value" boat.
    Although I think the bigger ones are of a much better quality than the entry level family boats that the folks on this board are used to. They're still no high end. The quality would be good for the price. But the qulity of materials and workmanship won't compare to Tiara, Bluewater, Hatteras, or any of the other many higher end boats.
    Expense? You can send me $200,000+ any time. Perhaps in the lofty air of the super-rich its appropriate. Just keeping the thing docked somewhere would cost more every year than most of us paid for our entire boat. Maintenance will be thousands of dollars a year.
    A better suggestion:? Uh..... a steak and a knobber? No really, just send cash! A simple Mercedes or a Ferrari would be nice. And much cheaper!

superV
    You did not just ask about buying a "BottomLiner"
    On Hot Boat did you?
    I got the 411 call 911 because your F'ing crazy
    J/K good luck! wink

JetBoatRich
    superV:
    You did not just ask about buying a "BottomLiner"
    On Hot Boat did you?
    I got the 411 call 911 because your F'ing crazy
    J/K good luck! wink I was thinking the same thing, don't see this everyday on here. Someone asking about a BayLiner

FMluvswater
    Hmmm, ok thanks Mandelon ... 200G's? Daaaayyymn! Even second hand huh? Thousands/year just for maintenance? Who are the people IRL that can own one of those? Trump? Gates? Cripes. Since it's just a fictional story I may fudge a bit on the price. LOL! I really appreciated your detailed very helpful answer! You --> ! Thank-you. Oh and the umm check's in the mail hon! wink LOL! So sorry but no Mercedes or Ferrari forthcoming either - I hear they don't float real well! LOL! Steak and a knobber hmmm the guy in my story just might get that AS WELL AS the boat! I love fiction! LOL! TTYL! Take care!
    superv- thanks for the good luck! Looks like I might need it! LOL!
    JetBoatRich~ I actually DO know that Bayliners are an off topic thing which is why I posed the question here in The Sandbar! This IS the off topic social lounge isn't it? wink

126driver
    I was on a Chaparrel (sp?) 320 yesterday at Bartlett. At $150K it would make a damn sweet second boat!

theskiffs
    I just want to be that girl's boyfriend. It's price is good if you pay for it in us funds.But I'm sure he will re pay her in other ways.Look's like a very practical boat for this area.As for the maintainance it shouldn't be a consideration.Everyone knows b.o.a.t. stands for.Bring Out Annother Thousand. What mag or is the artical going to be in?I'll keep my eye's open for that boat. There is a lot of good deals in the north.The power package looks good and it would be a nice addition to my fleet.

spectras only
    Hello FMBabe, you're swimming in murky water amongst sharks and crocks talking about bayliners here wink .Come down to my friend's shop and I'll show you a piece of a big bayliner [showing layup quality eek! ] that I've picked up at a boatyard.The side of my boat has a heavier layup than the bottom of that bayliner and knowing where you live ,I would be very concerned about those damn logs floating around here.You want to see a quality boat , ring me up and I'll show you one that my friend builds [you couldn't live on it but be proud of it ].

FMluvswater
    126driver:
    I was on a Chaparrel (sp?) 320 yesterday at Bartlett. At $150K it would make a damn sweet second boat!Have you got a link to a pic of it or one like it that you could show me? I'd like to see for myself if it's apppropriate for my story or not.
    theskiffs:
    I just want to be that girl's boyfriend. It's price is good if you pay for it in us funds.But I'm sure he will re pay her in other ways.Look's like a very practical boat for this area.As for the maintainance it shouldn't be a consideration.Everyone knows b.o.a.t. stands for.Bring Out Annother Thousand. What mag or is the artical going to be in?I'll keep my eye's open for that boat. There is a lot of good deals in the north.The power package looks good and it would be a nice addition to my fleet. Damn skippy he's gonna repay her in other ways!! LOL! LMAO@the acronym for BOAT! Scared the ex's cat when I laughed! Actually I watched it on a show on the Outdoor Life Network. The guy was rambling off details about it and I tried to take notes so I could Google it later but initially I got the damn number wrong I had written 487 instead of 4087 ! Anyway I found the link directly relating to the show I watched completely by fluke (yay me!) and it's my understanding the 4087 is not in Bayliner's new line-up it's been discontinued which suits my story fine since she's giving him a second hand one. I went to Bayliner's purchasing site and looked at all of the ones in their on-line catalog and the 4087 doesn't exist there! LOL! Maybe you could add one to your fleet still if you meant all along that you wanted second hand and I just spewed off like I know what I'm talking about! LOL! Ok I'll shut up now! Hmm damn just re read that last part of your post were you actually just dreaming out loud? Ok now I'm shutting up.
    spectras only:
    Hello FMBabe, you're swimming in murky water amongst sharks and crocks talking about bayliners here. wink Come down to my friend's shop and I'll show you a piece of a big bayliner [showing layup quality eek! ] that I've picked up at a boatyard.The side of my boat has a heavier layup than the bottom of that bayliner and knowing where you live, I would be very concerned about those damn logs floating around here. You want to see a quality boat, ring me up and I'll show you one that my friend builds [you couldn't live on it but be proud of it ]. Hey Spectrasonly!! Yeah JetBoatRich rather informed me of my faux pas LOL! The Bayliner is not for me, it's for a character in a story I'm writing so no worries about logs. LOL! I wish I could buy a boat! Maybe I'm foolish but I actually would go down to the shop to see a Bayliner for two reasons 1. I take my writing seriously even if it is fluff and 2. I'd get to meet you. If you give me a number, I really would call you - no such thing as knowing too many people IMO.

spectras only
    FMbabe ,I'm not a boatbuilder but have been around many and know a good boat when I see one.While bayliners are very popular I wouldn't own one unless it was given to me for free .I work on boats and stuff for fun for decades and wouldn't want to do for living wink .You can see me on saturdays at california marine in richmond [ 604-278 1880 ] and would glad to show you my very old [better quality than any bayliner ] 1972 24 spectra V-drive and a nice 1991 Carrera jet in the shop.Give a call to dave in advance before showing up so I can make sure to be there to shoot the breeze with you.Later I could show you a 24 Adriatic [almost finished]which is my dream boat .It's only eek! 105 us . Ps; go to google and type my name in from my profile you'll get a tour of california marine wink
    [ March 14, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast