Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ski babies

mirvin
    Yessireee!! Started water skiing around age 5 and started snow skiing shortly after. Thanks mom & dad
    Mirvin

Scream
    had some friends join us a Powell one summer, rented great beginner skis for pennies from Sports Chalet. Every kid at the lake got up on them. Well worth the few duckets for the week.
    They also sell almost all of thier yearly rental equipment after the season is over. FYI

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by Scream
    had some friends join us a Powell one summer, rented great beginner skis for pennies from Sports Chalet. Every kid at the lake got up on them. Well worth the few duckets for the week.
    They also sell almost all of thier yearly rental equipment after the season is over. FYI
    There's no Sport Chalet near me. What kind of skis were they? Where can I get em? I'm lookign to get my seven year old daughter started this year. I don't ski, but the wifey is pretty good.

25Elmn8r
    Originally posted by clownpuncher
    There's no Sport Chalet near me. What kind of skis were they? Where can I get em? I'm lookign to get my seven year old daughter started this year. I don't ski, but the wifey is pretty good.
    If you are looking to buy, check here (http://www.overtons.com)
    This is what we bought for my son to get started on
    http://www.overtons.com/graphics/pro...ium/15175M.jpg

Up 4 River
    I started skking when I was 3 and singled at age 8 like Bad Blown. The best is to use the doubles like are shown in the picture above. The key is to be in the water with them so they can get their balance and have the driver pull out slowly. Good luck!

Ziggy
    My daughter first started kneeboarding and doesn't seem to be interested in the skis. She is attempting to get up on the wakeboard but a little stubborn about instructions at her age. Daaaaad, I know already. Shes 10 now but started on the kneeboard around 6'ish.
    Riding quads she started early--3

Sherpa
    learned on my moms ski (cutdown custom made racing single)
    at age 5. had to wear tennis shoes because my feet were too
    small to stay put in the ski binding......
    got bored with the racing single at age 6, and dad bought some
    cheapo plywood kids doubles.. used them till about 9, then went
    to full size adult slalom ski.....
    I've had all my girls on kneeboards now, they started at age 5.
    we might try a kiddie-sized wakeboard next..
    that "U" shaped kiddie ski is neat......
    --Sherpa

Her454
    My dad started me at 6 (and I still have the ski's & the Maja he got me when I was 14) and my daughter started on the kneeboard at 1 w/her dad and 2 by herself. Started skiing at 13, couldnt get her off the kneeboard to try it but now she loves it. Wakeboarding at 16...thanks to Hardcore Ski and his better half, she learned on her birthday!

U-Haul
    I learned when I was 3 1/2 in a no wake zone. I was so small and light that they just held me on top of the water and the boat left and I was up. That is how it all started 25 years ago.

Sleek-Jet
    Jeez, I feel like I got a late start now.
    Learned to ski when I was 9 (doubles), deep starting slalom by the next summer. Lived to ski ever since.
    The younger you learn, the easier it is when you get older.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast