Thread: Aeration tubes...

HighRoller
    This is an obviously stupid question, but why do #6 drives have aeration tubes on them?

mbrown2
    Helps the Props break loose on take off....big props, big torque big engine, high x dimension, surface drive....needs help getting out of the hole...

HighRoller
    That was my guess but I wasn't sure. I saw the same setup on the Fountain with turbo diesels. Needed to aerate the props until the Turbo kicked in. How does your F26 do out of the hole?

mbrown2
    Hits harder than I thought, but not as hard as a blower motor boat with say a Teague 740 or 800....On the other hand, you can't really pin the blower boats out of the hole unless you like being towed back...At least I never did mine...This one, I can pin it as hard as want...and once it rolls over, it climbs from there..

HighRoller
    What does the bow do? I recall seeing your Mach and being amazed at how long it took to roll over and how much bow rise it had. I think you were even standing up at one point to see!

mbrown2
    They both have little bow rise, but the quicker you hit it the quicker they roll...It's always packed in Parker, so its harder to just hit it, so sometimes I stand up to keep an eye on everyone in front of me...