Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deck Boat Choices

Mike67rs
    Hello all,
    I'm a newbie here in the market for a 26'-28' deck boat. I currently own a 91 Carrera 20.5 Sport Elite which has treated us real well. I am not as concerned with speed as I am with build quality, smooth ride (pregnant wife) and ergonomics. I had a chance to hit the boat show and saw several candidates including the Hallett 260, Top Cat, Magic 28, HTM (unfinished) and Advantage 26' Party Cat. I have not seen much posted about the Hallett 260 and was wondering if anyone has opinions on this boat. I liked the deck set up and value. I am looking at running the 496 Mag HO and got a round figure price of about $83,000 out the door. I have read some negative opinions on Hallett's sales persons in another post...I was treated very well by their salesman at the boat show. I hope this does not start a bashing war...I am looking for honest opinions on the Hallett.

little rowe boat
    It's a Hallett,you know it's built well. I would also check out Conquest,they have a bad ass deck boat.

CAPTROBBY
    I'VE DONE ALOT OF HOMEWORK ON THE WHOLE DECKBOAT SCENE. CONQUEST, ELIMINATOR, HALLET, LAVEY, ADVANTAGE, ALL ARE NICE BOATS, HOWEVER I JUST PLUNKED DOWN MY MONEY FOR THE MAGIC. IN MY OPINION IT STANDS HEAD AND SHOUDERS ABOVE THE OTHERS. THE QUALITY IS TOP NOTCH, AND EQUIPMENT THAT IS EXTRA ON THE OTHERS IS STANDARD ON THE MAGIC. THE BOAT IS ALSO VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT. AFTER LOOKING AT SEVERAL BOATS I THINK YOU WILL COME TO THE SAME CONLUSION.
    THIS PICTURE OF MY NEW RIDE WAS TAKEN TODAY, RIGGING TO START TOMORROW.

cheezpanel
    That's a great looking boat. I love the colors and lines. Not too flashy, but more classic looking.

BoatFloating
    Deck Boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...&threadid=3039) But you could save about $20K and have pretty much ever upgrade there is.

OutCole'd
    Is there any thread that has been done more times than the Deckboat threads?
    And don't they usually turn into Conquest vs. Magic?

Mike67rs
    We can stop if you like. Thank you all for the responses. I kinda figured the responses would go towards Conquest and Magic. I was looking for more specific feedback on the Hallett. I did not consider Hawaiian but I will look into their offerings. Capt...That is a nice boat! Mike

OutCole'd
    No, don't get me wrong, these forums are a great source of info. It is just every month or so, this thread pops up again, it is obviously something that alot of people are interested in.
    By the way, I have a new Magic deck under construction, so you know my favorite.
    Good luck with your purchase.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...sized_1jpg.jpg

SoCalOffshore
    My cousin is looking for a deckboat. I spent all dam day at the boat show last weekend looking at deck boats. Based upon countless hours of research the best deckboat is without a doubt............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....your own personal preference.
    Although, I think he liked the Magic a little more.

Coach
    I would have to say I was a bit disappointed in some of the rigging of the conquest. This was the first time I looked at a conquest and found little things like the cover to the storage area on the driver’s side to be a plastic lid which IMHO looked cheap. None of the side rails had any bezels to clean up the look. I have read about and seen the conquests on the water and based upon that; performance is not an issue. I was just expecting more attention to small details.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast