Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deck Boat Choices

STGP
    I going to try to make the regatta, but that weekend is tough for me. If I do make it i'll be sure to bring a couple of Magichicks (mrs.STGP and a couple of extras).

OutCole'd
    Originally posted by STGP
    I going to try to make the regatta, but that weekend is tough for me. If I do make it i'll be sure to bring a couple of Magichicks (mrs.STGP and a couple of extras).
    You gotta show, it would be cool to meet some of the peeps I have been talking to all this time.

boatslayer
    go with an htm they are all around nice boat
    im shure that there deck boat will be sweet

Jordy
    Originally posted by boatslayer
    go with an htm they are all around nice boat
    im shure that there deck boat will be sweet
    Not to open a can of worms but I wouldn't buy an HTM based upon principle alone. Lots of cudos can be thrown their way for the jumps in insurance rates, lake closures and Nazi like enforcment of regulations that wouldn't be in place without them. :yuk:

boatslayer
    are you talking about the htm crash because that wasnt there fault i could have happend to any company
    cut them a litle slack
    please

Jordy
    Originally posted by boatslayer
    are you talking about the htm crash because that wasnt there fault i could have happend to any company
    cut them a litle slack
    please
    You're kidding right? Wasn't their fault? That's right, it was the rangers fault for letting them run that fast and not insisting they have a chase boat, EMT's and a whole list of other items. I think they should sue the county for not stopping them. Funny thing is, I live in AZ and it doesn't affect me as a taxpayer there, but it still pisses me off based upon principle. I don't care if HTM comes out with the baddest pimp daddy boat that will party all day and you can drive it home down the road without a trailer, I won't buy one because of the shit storm they brought down on everyone.
    If you don't think that wreck, and don't get me wrong because it's a sad deal, had a detrimental effect on boating for the rest of the country you need to wake up.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    ...I won't buy one because of the shit storm they brought down on everyone.
    So the crash has affected your boating? A "shitstorm" has come down on you v-bottom jet guys, eh? Your insurance higher? Your lake closed?
    No "shitstorm" on me...I guess I'm just no one. My insurance is the same, my lake is still open, and I still don't get harassed by the police.
    Personally, I wear a vest more than I used to...but I guess I learn by other's mistakes.

boatslayer
    it did make a big diference on boating but your pissed at them because they were out testing a boat and they got in an axedent/ like i said it could have been any company.
    axedents happen
    i dont think you should not buy one of there boats becuase of an axedent that happend 2years ago

boatslayer
    thank Havasu Hangin'

Jordy
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    So the crash has affected your boating? A "shitstorm" has come down on you v-bottom jet guys, eh? Your insurance higher? Your lake closed?
    If you don't think that it affected everyone in one way or another look around. As far as the v-bottom jet remark, that's probably not going to be the only boat I own. In fact, I've been doing some comparisons on boats in the 25'-28' range and while I would love to buy a cat, insurance is a minimum of double from what I've seen on a comparably equipped v-hull. Cruise through the boards, particularly the cat section and see how many people have been dropped for no reason because insurance companies see the outcome from certain events on a California lake. As luck would have it, most everything that starts off in Cali ends up in Arizona next. Just something to look forward to I suppose.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast