Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 24' stealth vs Shockwave 25'

FRENCHIE
    Just curious how many would take the Stealth vs the Tremor? and why! pretty set on the tremor, although seeing the Stealth at the boat show i must say i was very impressed! any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rivercrazy
    I may be biased but I'd lean toward the Shockwave. But it really depends on how your gonna use the boat. The Shockwave has a 24 degree V and has a great rough water ride (and probably better in the ocean due to the increased V, more freeboard, and less forward driver cockpit). I looked at the Ultra at the show it didn't appear to me that the V was that deep. And it had a pad. Those two things would result in a rougher ride. The open bow and cuddy are much larger in the Shockwave. The Ultra has more seats in the cabin area that puts more weight forward. That scrubs speed generally.
    Good luck with the shopping

dicudmore
    They both build a QUALITY boat. I also like the look of the Shockwave better because something about Ultra, Laser, Essex, etc all look very cab-forward. Like your driving the thing from the friggin' bow area......
    Ultimately you need to decide which YOU like better for looks, ride, etc because we're all biased based on what we own....
    What about Howard or Nordic? Also both great boats and I believe in the same price category as Ultra/Shockwave.

Kilrtoy
    Shockwave,
    For the same reasons as rivercrazy Stated,
    if you chose Ultra go to San Diego to buy it

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by dicudmore
    They both build a QUALITY boat. I also like the look of the Shockwave better because something about Ultra, Laser, Essex, etc all look very cab-forward. Like your driving the thing from the friggin' bow area......
    That's called Euro styling. Very popular these days and I must admit that i'm a fan.

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by FRENCHIE
    Just curious how many would take the Stealth vs the Tremor? and why! pretty set on the tremor, although seeing the Stealth at the boat show i must say i was very impressed! any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Frenchie, how/where you been?! We're headed to the show on Saturday - you going?

RUCAV
    I can only offer feedback from my own experience. The salesman at shockwave didnt give me the time of day. He was very short and kept telling me Ill be right back. Each time I had to go track him down.
    The folks at Ultra kick ass. The brought my boat to the HB ULtra shop even though I bought it at Inland Ultra in Norco, because I live in HB and its alot closer. Steve with Ultra helped me take care of a credit problem because the DMV hasnt processed release of liability forms submitted in march 2003. 1 word. INCOMPETENT!
    When I noticed a mistake in my order, they fixed it immediately, without making any excuses. When John from Inland Ultra brought my boat down, there was a very minor amount of dust on it. John got me a complete detail free. I think that their attention to detail and their willingness to bend over backwards for you is top notch. Plus, from what ive seen the Ultra is more bang for your buck. I got a much better price from them than I did at Shockwave. It was about $30,000 less than the comparable Howard.
    I'm sure Shockwave makes a good boat. But have you been on the test ride in the Ultra. Dont buy until you do.

jbtrailerjim
    Well I'm obviously biased on my opinion but I like both of them. I thought the 25 Tremor was a little out of my reach (price wise), but after talking to Barry yesterday; I don't think it was so far out of my reach after all. I guess I should have been talking to him instead of his salesman "Greg" who is no longer there. Shockwave lost a sale because of there salesman not willing to come down on there price and Barry would have.
    I don't think you can go wrong with either builder. The guy's at Ultra are awesome and I'm very happy with mine. Barry at Shockwave seems very cool and I here nothing but positive comments from Shockwave owners.

1Shockwaveguy
    I am obviously a tad bias but if you go with Shockwave talk to Barry. Stand-up guy, not bullshit. Not to mention they build one hellova boat. I have had mine for 2 summers and don't have one bad thing to say about it.

FRENCHIE
    hey MMD, went to boat show last sat, not goin this sat..sorry. ben very busy with the new house, papers, papers, papers and more! we move in next week, so llok slike ordering the boat her in mid-end of february. talked to barry last week looks like he has a sale a commin, almost 100% sure 25ft tremor 496 h0 still if we get close on pricing! drop me a p.m. and fill me in with ya! frenchie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast