Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: casting#'s ? for ford guru's

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    You got any picks of that 2000 hp monster??
    I met this guy when I went to LA to pick up some C9 heads. He says he was turning 7-second quarters with oem 2-bolt block, crank and heads. (Never goes over 6500 rpm.) He was making modified parts for 385 BBF's way back when nobody manufactuered them. He's a machinist/fabricator.
    And he swears by the cast iron BBF stuff. He did mid-sevens with a stock block and heads (C8's and C9's exclusively) and nitrided crank, blown 7% over and 86% nitro. NO PROBLEMS WITH THE LONGBLOCK OR ROTATING ASSEMBLY. He simply never turns more than 6500rpm. It's all about the oiling mod's. Pictured below is the car he did this with. It is a Blown Fuel Altered car.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...e_pics-med.jpg
    Yeah Baby,
    LO

460rogers
    Now can anyone answer his question?I found a block with casting # DOTE-AB 5 Was wanting to know if my 460 crank,rods,and pistons would work with block.
    inquiring minds want to know.
    me too.

matt1
    So can I take my crank pistons and rods and just stick it in that block if so I can get the block and a set of d3's for 1 bill.the blocks got new cam bearings and frezze plugs and fresh .030 bore done.Also if I get my hands on that crank you guys interested.The guy that has the block said that my 460 crank oil slinger would have to be cut off to work in this block.Is this true.
    Im the same guy that found the broke #2 main cap.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by matt1
    So can I take my crank pistons and rods and just stick it in that block if so I can get the block and a set of d3's for 1 bill.the blocks got new cam bearings and frezze plugs and fresh .030 bore done.Also if I get my hands on that crank you guys interested.The guy that has the block said that my 460 crank oil slinger would have to be cut off to work in this block.Is this true.
    Im the same guy that found the broke #2 main cap.
    The oil slinger just slides over the front of the crank snout, make sure you use the 60 timming cover as the truck one is diff due the diff crank snout.
    Kick ass car Lakes, 86% load, kick ass bet it makes lots of eyes water.

matt1
    OH SHIT
    Is this to lube the timing chain. B/C I think I threw it away

matt1
    One more time can I just put my crank pistons and rods in this DOTE AB block. Or is ther some mods to make.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by matt1
    I found a block with casting # DOTE-AB 5
    Was wanting to know if my 460 crank, rods and pistons would work with block.
    Or what would I have to do to make it work,the guy that has it said he thought it was 429 commercial truck eng.
    Matt,
    Please go back to your block and scrub the grunge away from the casting numbers before you re-read them; it just dawned on me that the block casting numbers are probably D9TE, not D0TE. Scrub and look closely. If this is the case (D9TE), we will be able to answer all your questions.
    LO
    p.s. I don't think there ever was a D0TE block.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12