Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atkins?

HighRoller
    WTF is up with all the Atkins crap? I nearly fell over when I saw the new Carl's Jr commercial that shows the 6-dollar burger wrapped in lettuce. Does anyone think that wrapping a hamburger with 62 grams of fat in lettuce makes it "healthy"? And by taking away the bun it's all of the sudden "low carb". WAKE UP! I know I'll get flamed by Atkins lovers but oh well. Everyone says they want to lose 30lbs but then what? You just gain it back when the diet's over....

little rowe boat
    I've never tried one ,but they have been doing that at in & out for years,upon request.

MsDrmr
    high roller
    here's the deal....carbs turn into sugar, there are more carbs in bread and alcohol than anything. by eliminating the carbs your body does not need to burn the sugar, but instead burns the fat. The fat intake does not really matter as you body can burn that quicker than sugar. I eat nothing but protein,including cheese, beef and other meats and have lost over 15lbs in two weeks.
    So, we can still have the hamburger, cheese and the lettuce is only 2g of carbs instead of 80g for the bun. (I am only allowed 20g of carbs per day, typically I keep it under 13)
    And thats the story

fourspeednup
    We as men aren't supposed to understand these things, kinda like feminine hygene:yuk:

sounds crazy but a couple of guys i work with have lost 100#'s on the atkins.with no exercise no less.i was actually thinking about going on it monday.

MsDrmr
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    sounds crazy but a couple of guys i work with have lost 100#'s on the atkins.with no exercise no less.i was actually thinking about going on it monday.
    I have loved it, more energy, less mood swings, and more physical. I eat wonderful food and don't feel hungry. If you only have a few lbs to loose, the process is quick. I have quite a bit of weight to loose but it seems to be happening faster than I thougt. The first two weeks are the most difficult. But this is not a diet that you feel hungrier after you had a meal then before (if you know what I mean)

hboldno7
    Ive lost 27 pounds in three months, 17 of those in the first 2 weeks. I am not completly on the diet anymore but do mind my carb intake. I am still losing like a pound a week

topless
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    WAKE UP! I know I'll get flamed by Atkins lovers but oh well. Everyone says they want to lose 30lbs but then what? You just gain it back when the diet's over.... [/B] The deal with Atkins is you that they have phases so you do start eating more carbs but you never really go back to your old style of eating or you will gain it back.

OGShocker
    I lost 125lbs of dead weight in 1989....
    That diet was the DIVORCE diet

My son was a 6'1" 335 pound ex football player. When he got of collrgr he had to do something so he picked Atkins. He has been on Atkins only for 6 months and has lost 77 pounds. He just got a BowFlex and has changed his training from heavy free weights when he was a football player to a more circut training type cardio system and the pounds are melting off!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast