Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: power trim $100

RedRocket
    Is anyone running manual diverter and wants power trim? I used a power window unit from an old gm at a wreckers for 5 bucks and got a cable made for 80. it has enough power to trim under full throttle and it's is faster than a hyd. unit. I've been using it for eight years with no problems and I have the switch on the steering wheel which is sweet.I can give more info on rigging it if anyone wants.

BrendellaJet
    can you post some pics?

RedRocket
    I can in about a week or so when I bring it home, I'm in Canada and we got about 3 feet of snow this week! crap!

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by RedRocket
    Is anyone running manual diverter and wants power trim? I used a power window unit from an old gm at a wreckers for 5 bucks and got a cable made for 80. it has enough power to trim under full throttle and it's is faster than a hyd. unit. I've been using it for eight years with no problems and I have the switch on the steering wheel which is sweet.I can give more info on rigging it if anyone wants.
    Hell yeah! Good idea. Post some pics when you can for sure...sweet

Checkmate
    Nothing new, that is exactly what I have and it came straight from Berkeley. It was an option for the electric trim on the 12JF pump. I went a step further and put 3 microswitches in the box wired to lights on the dash so I know when I am full down, full up, or center. Have to rewire it this year though, had some problems with it.

RedRocket
    that's cool, why didn't it catch on?
    i've never seen one, just the linear trim that's close. There's alot out there with the big lanky manual control. I first tried building one with a hydraulic unit from a rag top, big mistake. Only thing with the power window unit , it should be mounted somewhere other than the engine compartment with an enclosed engine, for the spark risk. It would be just as easy just a longer cable. Also , I'm building a trim indicator with a choke cable that will run up to the dash with some kind of dial attached.

Jeteka
    Bump... I really want to see some pics of how all this is mounted.

Checkmate
    If a pic is not posted by tomorrow, I will pull my unit out ( ) and take a pic for ya. I have to clean it up anyway.

UBFJ #454
    How long does it take to go from full + to full - ? Thinking of potentially another application if its fast enough.

cyclone
    that sounds real cool. i want to see pics too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast