Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power trim $100

If it's the same as mine, it takes roughly 2 seconds full up to full down. Takes a little getting used to, and it would be better for me if it was a little slower. The nice part is you don't have to worry about hydraulic leaks, just running a cable through the transom. I had to mount mine in the engine compartment (closed), but the motor is sealed too, so the risk is minimal.

superdave013
    Originally posted by RedRocket
    I'm building a trim indicator with a choke cable that will run up to the dash with some kind of dial attached.
    Take a look at what the offshore guys are doing with their Trim Tab indicators. Should be pretty easy to make.

RedRocket
    Guessing mine takes 3 seconds from down to up. My boat is still buried in snow, but it will be home soon (we're above 0 degrees celsius now) and I will post pics. Another point when mounting: the window unit has a spring that winds up to lift the weight of the window, so I use that direction for up trim since it takes more effort.

UBFJ #454
    Thanks guys for the times ... Think their a little slow for what I had in mind.

Checkmate
    Forgot to take a pic tonight. I'll get one tomorrow.

King Kuracz
    If you are using a Berk drive unit, you don't need to add any microswitches to get a full up or down indicator light.
    Just connect an LED in series with a 1k resistor and connect it across the leads going to the limit switches in the box. When the limit switch opens to stop the motor at full travel, the LED will illuminate.
    Simple as that, and since it's a low current device you only need to run small gauge wire (phone wire is what I used) up to the dash.

Jeteka
    OK, bring on the pics! Also pics and ideas of how you made the trim gauges work.

Wet Dream
    Pics...yeah pics. I want to see pics of the wheel mounted buttons and also this cool idea of LEDs. We all know the original trim gauge doesn't work for crap. The best source is "Turn the head to aft and see what its doing"

Jeteka
    TTT... Snows gotta stop sometime. Get out there and take some pics!

RedRocket
    sorry Jeteka, everytime it starts to look like spring here we get a big dump of snow. I guess that's why they call it Whitecourt. As soon as I can get it out of storage with 4wd it is coming home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12