Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What was the coolest thing you saw at the boat show?

chub
    A couple of strippers handing out cards for the gentlemen's club. You did ask for things we wanted to buy!

Ducatista
    I really liked the new E-Ticket luxury cat, I hope that new builder takes off. Genesis had a new 30ft vee with some nice ideas I hadn't seen before. Saw some trick custom CF or AZ decals from modernimage.net that were way-woh cool, had cute girlie's hang'n off the #'s. But that just might catch the attention of LE, especially if your on a PWC, but still they were cool! The bar tender at by the DCB booth had a "long island ice tea all-in-one" mix out of the bottle that you just added a little coke/sweet&sour to that was very tastey!(and extremly potent). Oh, and a really trick corvette yellow 4x4 1ton Cheby dually in the parking structure that I fell in love with. The Ultra girls were nice too.....!)
    Oh and my wife really liked the quick release fender holders installed on the sides of the DCB's....very trick, never seen those before.

AleAlchemist
    Nikki Zeno...
    Jerky...
    Nikki.....
    Jerky.... (uuuuggghhh!)
    Nikki!!!!!!!!
    It was so hard to choose, If I wasn't so Frickin Hungry
    I would have gone with Nikki but the jerky won in the End.
    Damn that Jerky!
    Damn it to Hell.

Seadog
    I got a look at them. They were nice, but not as fancy as I would have thought. Basically standard SS tabs, but the hull had been molded with cutouts for them to fit. It would be interesting to see how they perform against standard tabs. We may see more boats with this in the future, but those boats would probably have tabs as standard equipment.

Flying Tiger
    Actor Curt Russell running from drunk families that reconized him.

beyondhelpin
    Seadog
    Did you see the 27' pontoon with the twin 300 Mercs on it?! Old man says it ran 82 MPH on GPS. Talked to the old man for a while, he was funny as hell!
    Guys we are talking about a real pontoon boat, aluminum sponsons and a grill! It was a 27' Playcraft. Could not get me to own a pontoon boat but I thought it was pretty cool. Can pick up for only $69,000! Wish I had brought a camara. They had a pic of it at speed and only about 1' of the ass end was in the water.
    Only at the Tulsa Boat show!

Seadog
    Officially, it was only 81 mph and was run at LakeX, the test lake for Mercury. For those interested, what they did was take an pair of extended center logs for the outside logs and mounted the 300 hp Mercs on some big jack plates. The center log was one that would normally be mounted on the starboard side with the built in steps. They modified the rear end to have a walkway going to the steps and storage on both sides. When moving the lids made a big sun deck.
    Interestingly enough, the boat had all the front lounge seats and a standard console. If not for the mods for the engines, it would look like most production boats. Of course, if you look carefully, you would see the strakes and the cones had been seriously worked on for maximum effect.
    I would love to see one of those with police lights/sirens. The idea of some go fast being pulled over by a pontoon boat is too funny to beat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234