Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: F*ck walmart

Blown 472
    They are trying to build one here and it is getting fought agianst and for good reason, my buddy enlighted me last night. Walmart comes in kills all the bidness around them, now you have people looking for work and where do they have to go?? walmart for 8 bucks an hour and no bennies while the ****s that own that company get rich on the backs of others.

riverracerx
    I agree.
    Who is the top toy retailer: Not Toys'R Us
    Who is the top elecronics retailer: Not Best Buy
    Who is on theri way out:
    FAO Schwartz - already filed Chap 11 twice
    KB toys filed Chap 11
    Circuit City is almost gone
    These are just 2 examples of where Wal*Mart has been putting people out of business.
    Why are the grocery stores not caving on the benefits for which people are striking? Because WalMart announced it will be going full forward into the grocery market. How can you compete with the 8 bucks an hours and no union? They can't! Ready to see Ralphs and Vons go out of business too?
    Target and Kmart can't compete either. Kmart has had plenty of troubles as you know...
    The only thing I can say is shop at Target. They are WalMart's direct competition in the same Market.
    I read all this stuff everyday and WalMart isn't just eating up the little guys, they are trying to put EVERYONE out of business.

riverracerx
    They already sell gas and used cars in some locations.

25 Eagle
    Maybe they will go into the boat business. DCB's 1/2 off!

kc607
    Interesting about the west coast feelings about Walmart. Living in Tennessee all my life and walmart being here for years I just can't believe it. I guess the pay is low but we aren't talking about skilled jobs here. I think they pay the same as Target and others. Sure, they will not be as high as union stores but those are not too prevalent here. Also I don't know of too many stores that have been run out of business by walmart that didn't deserve it, and this is mostly only in small towns. Just my opinion.

Rock-it man
    Its called Free Enterprise !!!!! Love it or LEAVE it !!!!!
    I think you dont have all the facts about Walmart compared to there compitition As any city grows theres always attrition more jobs and companys investing in your area is always GOOD !!!! think about the long run not the short term !!!!!

sandblasted
    Personally I hate Walmart....I don't shop there often because as soon as I go in the store i start to get irritated...They put those damn display bins in the middle of every aisle and then all the fat ass women stop their carts right in the middle of the aisle to look at the stuff.....Then they refuse to move when you say "excuse me" so you can get past their big fat ass!
    That being said, some people will always go for the low prices no matter what...Thats why Walmart is so successful...

572Daytona
    Around here we've got lots of Super Walmarts, Super Targets, Sams Clubs, etc and no problems with the economy. The jobs they provide are unskilled for teeagers/part timers/retirees/moonlighters/etc. Unlike other parts of the country a clerk or bagger is not considered a career. There are plenty of skilled career jobs here for those with the ambition. If people can save money on groceries, gas and other day to day goods they will ultimately have more money to purchase bigger ticket items such as cars/boats/houses/etc which will help the economy. I see nothing wrong with WalMart, it's American Capitalism in action

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Rock-it man
    Its called Free Enterprise !!!!! Love it or LEAVE it !!!!!
    I think you dont have all the facts about Walmart compared to there compitition As any city grows theres always attrition more jobs and companys investing in your area is always GOOD !!!! think about the long run not the short term !!!!!
    Rock-it man- I think you need to use a few more exclamation points.
    Also, if you think Wal Mart is all about free enterprise...take a look at their record on Robinson Patman lawsuits. Robinson Patman was passed to help free enterprise.
    kc607- they are not the same company that started in Bentonville in 1962.

skeepwerkzaz
    CAPITALISM, Free Trade, whatever you want to call it, is the reason why we are all able here on these boards. It is the very fabric of our being. 100 years ago you could buy everything possible, and I mean everything, houses, cars, diapers, gasoline, farm equipment, horses, etc from one store, Sears & Roebuck. This same argument was prevalent at the time, how one "large bad company" was going to take over the world. People were outraged that the mom and pops were getting put out of business by the big company. This is by no means a new problem, but an old one dealing with resistance to change. Nobody wants to SEE change, but everbody wants to prosper from it.
    My thoughts....
    Clay

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast