Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Kit

HTM4ME
    I was just wondering if anybody knows of any kits made by Crocket or Teague or any other engine guys that will work well with A 502 EFI engine . am looking to change maybe cam heads or what ever i need for a little power but i dont know what direction to go thanks

Infomaniac
    Cylinder heads, cam and ECU re-program would wake it up a bit.
    As long as the exhaust is decent.

HTM4ME
    Thanks infomaniac how o i know what heads and cam o go with should i buy new heads or have mine worked on. I am new to the boating scene so i need guidencs are those efi upgrade kist worth the $$$$ thanks

Infomaniac
    Edelbrock Marine alum heads are inexpensive and the Crane 139731 cam is good for that engine. Not sure what EFI kit you are looking at.
    A whipple would do the trick for sure.

HTM4ME
    i WNAT TO GET IT BUILT A LITTLE BIT THEN WHIPPLE IT

paradigm shift
    I would save the money and whipple it later. Takes a fair amount of $$$$ to make a notable difference in HP to just put a whipple on it later. An OEM EFI set up is a pain to hop up unless you go with a proven package and have it dialed in. Not like working on a carb set up. Just my 02.

victorfb
    is it a must, or even suggested to change the cam when just adding a whipple charger to a BBC?

paradigm shift
    Originally posted by victorfb
    is it a must, or even suggested to change the cam when just adding a whipple charger to a BBC?
    Well that all depends on your current set up. If you are running a wild cam now with tons of duration and narrow lobe center then yea you would want to change it. Also depends on how much HP / Boost you plan on running. Higher boost applications mainly run a wider lobe center so you do not blow everything out the exhaust. If you post some engine and boat specs I am sure infomaniac can give you some good choices besides some others here.

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by HTM4ME
    i WNAT TO GET IT BUILT A LITTLE BIT THEN WHIPPLE IT
    In that case I would suggest Dart or Brodix heads.
    It is tuff to choose parts to pick it up now N/A and the same parts work well with a blower.

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by victorfb
    There is always a "better" cam.
    On the other hand even a little boost is night and day difference as compared to no boost. With no changes to the engine.
    There are a lot of recommended changes to complimemt the blower. It all just depends, every specific situation is different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast