Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Porsche Boxster

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    Why don't you suck my dick and find out
    No thanks, Danielle...that's between you and yer boyfriend (does he have a "chick car" too?).

Infomaniac
    Well now the thread has been hijacked.
    Not that anyone has asked but:
    Just for the record: The Infomaniac is not a chick, would not have the coin to buy any of those convertibles mentioned. I have to drive one of these two in the foreground. The new truck in the background belongs to Mrs. Infomaniac.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C00082-med.JPG

Speedin' Ian
    I guess I should have been more clear in my request, these are cars my mom is looking into, they're not for me, my mom asked me if I could do a little research. I drive a Superduty. However MMD is right about the handling of a porsche, My Cousin races for porsche, infact he is in Daytona right now, and he has a Boxster in Germany which he says is a very good handling car, however he has 911S in the states and he likes that a little better.

playdeep
    For the money...
    I think an older SC or Carrera cabriolet would be a better buy than a Boxster.
    The 3.2 motor is bulletproof and good for 175-200k miles when properly maintenanced.
    The boxster seems to be depreciating rather rapidly,an older Carrera won't have that problem.
    If you want something really wicked,get an older 911S(higher maintenance)but a lot of fun.

Unchained
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    The Boxster S (get the Boxster S not the Boxster) is very difficult to beat for the money with the exception being a Corvette which continues to deliver the most bang-for-the-buck of the last 25 years or so.
    PM me if you need more info [/B]
    I've had a couple Corvettes in the past and now have my eye on a 1967 coupe but I refuse to buy a newer one until they upgrade their engine from the 1955 design they still run.
    I can't believe they still put a pushrod engine in it.
    I test drove a ZR1 several years ago and that thing had a great engine combo. Must be if they continued to produce that engine it would have put Leroy the UAW pushrod maker out of a job and the union can't have that.

Kilrtoy
    Come on Dan
    She has an 04 F250
    where did you get last years car.
    Those are all cool cars for chicks.
    Yes, I would buy the wife one, if she wanted, but I would only drive it if she was in the car with me, for fear of the rainbow warrior getting any ideas.

SoCalOffshore
    I just picked up a '02 Corvette Z06 with only 3,000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from told me he paid $57,000 OTD 1 1/2 years ago. I picked it up for $37k. This car is un real. I have owned and driven many a fast car including an AMG S55 and a Mustang Cobra. This Z eats all of them without doubt. Remember, there is no substitute for horsepower. It is f*cking amazing. Enough said.

Kilrtoy
    I just picked up a '02 Corvette Z06 with only 3,000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from told me he paid $57,000 OTD 1 1/2 years ago. I picked it up for $37k.
    That is awesome......
    that is the way to go...

MagicMtnDan
    That is a really nice ride! And at a GREAT price! Best of luck with it. Get it out on the track and have some fun with it (not racing but at least on the track).
    Get your car out on the track in a safe, non-racing enviornment - Tracquest is a great company that makes learning to drive your car on the track a reality (http://www.tracquest.com/)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234