Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ziemans trailers........

Dr. Eagle
    Thanks Ray,
    I built the first 6 or 8 cell sites in Ventura/Camarillo in the late 80s for what is now AT&T Wireless. If I will be here long enough and can find a storage yard, I will go home one weekend and drag the boat down. Everything is kind of up in the air right now, at least I am in Southern California and not like New York or something.
    Yes there could be opportunity for us all to get together...it'd be cool!!!!
    And BTW thanks for the invite. We'll have to get together.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Thanks Ray,
    I built the first 6 or 8 cell sites in Ventura/Camarillo in the late 80s for what is now AT&T Wireless. If I will be here long enough and can find a storage yard, I will go home one weekend and drag the boat down. Everything is kind of up in the air right now, at least I am in Southern California and not like New York or something.
    So you're the Guy!!! Well as you know I'm in Camarillo, which isn't too far from you, so if you need a cup of flour, just ask. I'll run it right over.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    So you're the Guy!!! Well as you know I'm in Camarillo, which isn't too far from you, so if you need a cup of flour, just ask. I'll run it right over.
    Cool, I am staying in Los Alamitos right now at the folks house (one of the reasons I have been kind of quiet, no DSL for me)...
    When I built those cells, your phone weighed about 4 pounds and you could drive nails into stucco with it... So things worked very differently. Now with these stupid little phones...it takes like a kajillion cell sites cuz they are so whimpy unlike those old Motorola monster phones...

LASERRAY
    Thanks Ray,
    When you say that you "Build cell cites", do you mean that you erect the towers, set-up the head-end's etc......?

Dr. Eagle
    When you say that you "Build cell cites", do you mean that you erect the towers, set-up the head-end's etc......?
    Manage the design, hire the contractors, supervise the construction, get the backhaul (circuits to get the data and voice from the sites to the switch), get the permits, acquire the site, etc.
    I project manage the process of building the system.

LASERRAY
    Manage the design, hire the contractors, supervise the construction, get the backhaul (circuits to get the data and voice from the sites to the switch), get the permits, acquire the site, etc.
    I project manage the process of building the system. Well.......................................... I work at McDonalds J/K

Dr. Eagle
    Well.......................................... I work at McDonalds J/K
    least it is not the WAL MART!!!!!

LASERRAY
    least it is not the WAL MART!!!!!

Dr. Eagle

OK on that note ........ I'm outa here...later....gotta go night night...

LASERRAY
    OK on that note ........ I'm outa here...later....gotta go night night... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
    Ninety Nite Doc. Working tomorrow i suppose? Or is Momma telling you that it's time for bed? Good Night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast